Wanted! Science and Technology

manta

Why is manta so rude, impatient and ungrateful? It's because he...  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Why is manta so rude, impatient and ungrateful? It's because he...

• ... had a traumatic childhood event (speculate vividly please).
    • ... has been banned so often he has e-burns on his backside.
    • ... confuses "irritating" with "interesting".
    • ... is young and inexperienced.
    • ... is an asshole.

Need more Science & technology catch phrase.

No more funny stuff starting right now!

If you don't seem quite understand the thread due to spams here please read the 1st post and the 2nd post. Thank you!

I'll make this really clear since you think you're a morron. No one here appreciates taking the time to post a thoughtful reply when you are so obviously impatient and ungrateful when they do. You need to stop that right now.

I'll make you a deal. Apologize for your rude behavior and I'll remove the poll and prune the thread back to just serious answers. If you continue to criticize the help you get I'll just close the thread and ban you since you seem to be inconsistent with our purpose.

Deal?

I hate to not play ball here, but isn't a little tricky for him to make a deal whilst banned?
It's a temporary ban for a crude post elsewhere. We're working on getting vB to reflect that fact in the usertitle options.

We've had more than one user join and get off to a rocky start, only to be drawn into the fascinating interest-vortex that is science. Hopefully manta will realize being an ass runs counter to his needs.

• 2 weeks later...

OK! LOOK! I don't mean to dis-respect you all but!

Someone had putted a trick on me the "YOU ARE AN IDIOT" page here, So I still have to go to a computer shop just so I can reply here and please leave the virus page at home. I really really need this site at home so a lot can help me about science things so please the one who did this I'm begging you to remove the idiot thing.

OR? is this the way how you guyz banning a innocent forumer with a sweet virus page.

It's never as capricious as that. You actually have to be pretty rude and undesirable to get that kind of attention and effort from the Staff. Most people who get banned from an accumulation of infraction points wise up after a temporary ban. Others never know when enough's enough.

NO! I am not kidding~ I know the admin. knows my IP address so If I logged in at home to science forums it turns to a page the

"YOUR ARE AN IDIOT HAHA.. HAHAHAHAHA... YOUR ARE IN IDIOT HAHAHAHA"

I do like the song but 2 trojan virus appears and it will suddenly turns into another page asking me if I'm an idiot or not If I clicked "yes" 5 more trojan appears and If "no" the same!.

Look I don't even created a new thread to avoid spam thread so I post it here.

NOW PLZ REMOVE THAT AT MY HOME SO I CAN VISIT HERE AGAIN TO ASK SOME SCIENCE THINGS ETC.

HELP!!!

That will no longer happen when you are at home. It's based on your login username, not the computer you're on, and the time for it to give you that page has expired. And besides, it should only happen a third of the time you visit...

The Trojan warnings are simply because the script likes to make lots of popups, not because it likes to destroy your computer. There should be no damage of any sort. We're not that kind of people.

And to add on to what Phi said, we have even worse treatment for people like AtomikPsycho who decide to spam SFN as a sort of "vendetta." We'll see if he ever manages to get on here to whine about it.

• 2 weeks later...

No! see it keeps me days before I can reply here! I'll try visiting your site at home and I know this was done on purpose. I'm whining also because I need this site!!! don't you understand! for school and assignment purposes! duh?......

If that annoying you are an idiot page is still there then this looks like my last post here and I'll find a new SF for brainy help!.

"Science: it's what's for dinner. Technology: it's what's leftover"

or... "Ah, what a find day for SCIENCE!" Oh wait... that one is taken.

Ummm.... "Science is to Technology as Kumquat is to _____" (sorry to much GRE studying there)

OK, but seriously, what about a quote instead of a slogan?

"Science is simply common sense at its best--that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic."

Thomas Huxley

"Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for the faith that moves mountains."

Eric Hoffer

"Science and technology multiply around us. To an increasing extent they dictate the languages in which we speak and think. Either we use those languages, or we remain mute."

J. G. Ballard

"Science... never solves a problem without creating ten more."

George Bernard Shaw

"We've arranged a civilization in which most crucial elements profoundly depend on science and technology."

Carl Sagan

"Nothing has such power to broaden the mind as the ability to investigate systematically and truly all that comes under thy observation in life."

Marcus Aurelius

There are loads more quotes out there, just Google "science quotes" and you'll find thousands.