^.^ Kidney dissection! ^.^

spooky

this afternoon at school has been awesome. There was enough kidneys in biology for me to be able to dissect one by my myself. ^.^ How I love dissections! The only thing i don't like is the latex after smell of my hands...the smell of the dissection i don't have a problem with..its the smell of the latex gloves...>.<

Well, i don't have any of that stuff..but I found this medical hand wash stuff i have really takes the smell away ^.^ I mean its not like I can't cope with it, its just I'd rather a pleasant smelling gloves then the Latex.

umm i can't think of one of the top of my head but its found in vomit in very low concentrations and causes most of the smell. concentrated butyric acid is a whole new level of stench. still comes nowhere near mercaptans though. they'll singe the hairs on your nose at 100 paces.

ewww! >.< I can cope with rotting and vomit type stuff, dunno why I just don't really like the smell of latex. But I guess the acid at a higher concentration would be that much worse then vomit correct?

Mercaptoethanol is also nice. Especially if one manages to drop an unsecured 1l bottle in the stairhall...

Butyric acid is a common fermentation product of a variety of anaerobic bacteria btw. Clostridia are probably amongs the best known.

Anyway, try to get nitrile gloves. They smell less.

Well once in our school there was a guy who purposedly spilled a bottle of butyric acid. The whole school smelled concentrated vomit and we got one day off because of the smell.

Here in Sweden butyric acid is also called trivially "Butter acid" because it's formed when butter goes rancid. Smells like it too.