liquid nitrogen

smokey-nitro

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i was not gonna let my idea out but i was thinkin of makin a back pack or rather designing one that sprayed LN2 at chewing gum on the ground and then shatter it and scrape up off streets its ingenous jus designing it is hard i was think of a presure think that let out presure when it got to much and the presure in side would pump it through so no pumpin and lower presure ta-da

smokey-nitro said in post # :

ok i was not gonna let my idea out but i was thinkin of makin a back pack or rather designing one that sprayed LN2 at chewing gum on the ground and then shatter it and scrape up off streets its ingenous jus designing it is hard i was think of a presure think that let out presure when it got to much and the presure in side would pump it through so no pumpin and lower presure ta-da

You'll need an awful lot of expensive equipment to turn nitrogen into a liquid form, and keep it that way. It would be dangerous and horribly impractical.

Hot jet chewing gum removers work fine. Liquid nitrogen is a bit... well, overkilly.

I have worked with liquid nitrogen. I even used it to cool new valve seats to insert them into pre-heated heads (nice tight fit). It's a low pressure medium which can be kept in a thermos. It's not particularly dangerous (although I wouldn't dip a finger in it), and it's actually very good at freezing and shattering chewing gum from pavements. Give it a little spray, the apply a steel scraper and it comes off very cleanly.