I have no head.

rmp2000v21

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haahhahahahhahahaahaha. We're going to get in troble huh?

I've gotten in trouble for psting o/t and putting a new thread where it should be before, I'm kinda paranoid now, it happens a lot to me. Maybe they know I'm a teenager, and know my mind wonders, that I have a short attention span, Hey look a butterfly!

Just Kidding, but seriously, what were we talking about?

nothing like a good intellectual debate. it's fantastic that simply stating that something which seems obvious might not be true has caused so many people, who claim that they don't actually care about the question, to respond! surely scientists can think in realms other than the logic which they see in front of them???

A great philosopher once said "Imagination is more important than knowledge...", oh, no that was Albert Einstein...

To get back on topic, you can no more "prove" you have a head than you can prove anything else (EG: that you exist at all).

But all evidence points towards you having one insofar as we understand what heads are and where they come from.

There are some more discussions of this nature in the Philosophy & Religion forum, and the Pseudoscience & Metaphysics forum - they might be helpful.

I kind of agree with demosthenes on this one, his quesion is kinda related. how do you know you have any skeleton whatsoever when you have never seen any part of it? ok, everyone else may have one, but why does that mean that it is 100% certain that you do? everyone is different right.

Im sorry but theres a difference between having an opinion and being flat out wrong.

By your logic, because ive never seen my great grandparents, they might not exist or have ever existed. This is absolute tosh.

Asking whether the world around us is a valid philosophical question - but it breaks down when applied to specifics like your head or skeleton. Solipsism is the belief that self is the whole of reality - only I exist.

Solipsism