I have no head.

rmp2000v21

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Demosthenes- said in post # :

Someone told me that if you didn't go into shock when your head got cut off, then you could live a couple of hours. I don't see how, without a brainstem??

Hours, no way, it has however been observed in some cases when people were beheaded and their head fell into the basket, that they would open their eyes if someone called their name, and some even still tried to talk :)

but as for the original post, the only way to know would be to pop an eye out, although I`m not sure how long the optic nerve will reach, so seeing the back of your head maybe difficult.

yup!

although they wouldn`t have lasted long before they passed out and died, apparently, your hearing is the last to be "turned off" when the brain becomes unconscious.

I shouldn`t say more than a minute though, at the outside MAX.

but certainly long enough to wonder what next or that didn`t hurt as much as I thought it would or did I remember to turn the cooker off etc...

nope, as it gets all of it`s signals from the brain for synchronisation, I`de very much dount if even life support machines would be effective, certainly you`de something to stop all the blood from squirting out from the neck and have to make some sort of return valve system from the coroted(sp?) artery to the jugular vein else you`de be quirting out blood and taking in air through the veins, and that would make large blood clots the size of your finger eventualy clogging up the pathways, some would pass the heart and spew out of the artery, but most would be jammed inside you.

actualy, with regards to the original post, if the fact that we can use a 2 mirrors to show our heads makes the experience void, then surely, it voids alot of other things that require an instrument for observation. Telescopes, microscopes, radios, monitors etc...

we accept these as being realtime interpretations of we cannot see unaided, surely the same must apply to the use of 2 mirrors or a video camera? :)

exactly, but what I don't understand is how everyone regards sight as so much more of a sense than feeling.

Blind people cannot see, does that mean when a blind person turns his head in my general direction I cease to exist?

No. What the hell?

Besides, when the lights go out when you're with your loved one I should hope they still exist, or something very strange is going on in a good many bedrooms right now...