Sanctity of Marriage?

jadote

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the Vatican says so.

We should not force churches to marry two members of the same sex, but we should legally allow it. That is, we shouldn't force it on the church, but if they get married through a religion that allows it, we should recognize it.

well I`m probably a little too Right Wing regarding those sort of people, I`m against it, it`s demeaning to genuine marriages as they should be, Male Female.

as for the church, well they seem to make up the rules as they go along, it`s a Mob Rule mentality, if enough people are FOR IT the church will bend if not outright break it`s rules, and it`s been like that since time began!

when it clearly states, and man shall not lay with another man and do the unclean thing, why do ya think Sodom and Gomorah got nuked!?

where did the word Sodomy originate?

naah man, it`s all false and has been since forever, religion (less so nowadays) has always been a tool for controling folks and it changes on a whim. No time for either to be honest.

YT2095 said in post # :

why do ya think Sodom and Gomorah got nuked!?

I can tell you now, god didn't say "Ewwwww you're all homofags" and lightning bolt +20 the whole place.

Read the passage.

Incidentally sodomy isn't an exclusively homosexual practice (it's anal or oral sex between two people), and jadote didn't actually specifiy whether he meant church or state marriages, nor which religion if any (IE - whether the Judaeo-Christian god's "rules" would apply in either case).

lol, but if they protest to being bible based, then surely they should adhere to it`s teachings, whether or not the story is real or otherwise, the point being is that it`s Against the perversion.

my point being the double standards practiced by the church make me sick, and Marriage was originaly a Church and not State creation.

so the default would rest at it being a Religious issue, as for the state, well they`re even worse, with one redeeming point that they are somewhat less secretive about being "Bought off".

YT2095 said in post # :

it`s demeaning to genuine marriages as they should be, Male Female.

To be honest, I know you probably didn't mean that. After all, your not saying that boy can't love another boy with the same depth and breadth of love that any girl/boy can manage. A same sex union doesn't occur between emotional cripples, so a wish to have their love recognized should not be diminished because it's not acceptable for Catholics.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=marriages%20

Anyhow, marrage can be same sex. It's not a discussion, unelss anyone can change the definition of the word.

See, I sorted the argument. Everyones happy now :D

YT2095 said in post # :

the church

I thought we were talking about gay marriage?

This discussion won't go anywhere if it isn't kept faith-independent. It'll just descend into the usual "Judaeo-Christianity owns j00 all" conversation like they have on that snow boarder forum.

atinymonkey said in post # :

To be honest, I know you probably didn't mean that. After all, your not saying that boy can't love another boy with the same depth and breadth of love that any girl/boy can manage.

Yes, that`s exactly what I meant (I did say My veiws were a little Right Wing)

a male may love another male sure, I love my Dad and my mates, but not in a deviant or perverted way. to feel such as you described, would be an error.

After all, your not saying that boy can't love another boy with the same depth and breadth of love that any girl/boy can manage.

Homosexuals do tend to change their minds about who they "love" rather frequently :P I'm sure one could make a somewhat arguable case that homosexuals do not bond psychologically and emotionally as well as heterosexuals.

blike said in post # :

Homosexuals do tend to change their minds about who they "love" rather frequently :P

And heteros don't?

I'm sure one could make a somewhat arguable case that homosexuals do not bond psychologically and emotionally as well as heterosexuals.

You'd probably be wrong.

YT2095 said in post # :

Yes, that`s exactly what I meant (I did say My veiws were a little Right Wing)

a male may love another male sure, I love my Dad and my mates, but not in a deviant or perverted way. to feel such as you described, would be an error.

So you're actually saying you find a man's love for another male to be deviant and perverted behaviour?

Jesus.

and in the sense of fairness, Why not have one of these Butch lez women marry an effeminate man?

perfectly "legal" and psychologicaly suited to thier roles (provided they get on as people also, that`s fundemental in ANY rellationship).

other than the practical aspect of the "Joining" it seems a workable solution :)

YT2095 said in post # :

of a sexual nature YES.

Leaving aside for the moment the facts that neither (i) love nor (ii) marriage require sex, what exactly is "love for a man of a sexual nature?"

I asked about love for someone, not physical relationships.

I wanted you to explain why loving your friend, brother etc is any different to any other man loving someone else of the male persuasion.

I think you know EXACTLY what I mean and where the line`s drawn! :)

where it becomes deviant and perverted, for instance (assuming yer not queer) would make out with your mates or kiss them on the lips?

if the answer`s NO, then you understand that line :)

YT2095 said in post # :

I think you know EXACTLY what I mean and where the line`s drawn! :)

where it becomes deviant and perverted, for instance (assuming yer not queer) would make out with your mates or kiss them on the lips?

if the answer`s NO, then you understand that line :)

Don't imply you can impose artificial roles on me. I'll have relationships with whomseover I am interested in, regardless of gender and despite what last century's remnants have to say about it.

I'm glad you're familiar with where all the relevant lines can be drawn, as it will help you to answer my next question:

These male friends you 'love'. Do they love you back? Is it what you'd call "real" love? Is it just platonic? Both ways?

If the answer to all those is "yes", then:

If one of these friends of yours said they loved you, or another male, how would your feelings about them change?

Sayonara³ said in post # :

These male friends you 'love'. Do they love you back? Is it what you'd call "real" love? Is it just platonic? Both ways?

If the answer to all those is "yes", then:

If one of these friends of yours said they loved you, or another male, how would your feelings about them change?

like brothers man, family. if they said it, that would be cool too (just not every 5 mins if ya get ma drift) it don`t have to be said anyway, actions are enough or going that extra mile to help each other if they needed. so yeah that`s fine with me.

I don`t get what yer looking for here?