• Female
    • Both the same
    • It depends...(explain)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pinch Paxton said in post # :

I voted male, because all of the UK Televised IQ tests showed that males were smarter. They have won every time so far. I also once read that women cannot judge distance as well as men.

Pincho.

The BBC 'Test the Nation' quizzes were about as accurate a measure of intelligence as GCSEs.

But eysight determines if someone can judge distance, right? There are three ways to judge distance and depth:

1) How fast the the image moves across the retina when your eyes move accross the object.

2) Your brain using triagnulation by comparing the two images from each eye.

3) size: if your brain knows what size it is it can tell how far away it is by how large it apears.

These are the factors I believe, I don't think it has much to do with intelligence at all.

He's talking about visuo-spacial ability; the ability to abstract three dimentional objects and mentally rotate them in a way that remains applicable to reality. Males have a small but significant advantage in that ability.

• 2 weeks later...

Like mooey, I'm also a left-handed woman. Maybe we can take over the world. ;) But there are some things I do with my right hand, such as use my computer mouse or crochet. I've never liked the term "ambidexterous," though, because what would I do with two right hands? I prefer to think of myself as "equimanual," or equal-handed.