I don't feel like doin anything

computerages

hi,

I had a project due a day before yesterday but I did not hand it is as I was not able to complete it. I thought I would do it yesterday but I could not do it. Now, I was going to do it today but still could not do it. The problem here is that I am not feeling like doing anything at all. All I am wanting to do is just go to sleep, and that's it. I am loading myself up with my tons of late homeworks/projects and it's really stressing me off.

Any suggestions on what I can do to change what I want to do.?

thx!

ah, that happens all the time in students who over-load themselves to the point where the workload seems inpossible. you sit there for ages, aware that the clock is ticking away, incapable of starting even tho you know your making it worse by delaying.

it essentially boils down to giving up on some level. force yourself to start, and dont care if it's crappy; at least you'll get it out the way, and when you get started it'll become alot easyer. then, once you've cleared your workload, try to manage it a bit better in the future.

Guest ScienceProf

The problem for me sometimes is getting started... Once I actually sit down and get to work things seem to turn around. Also, I feel its actually easier in the long run if I work with little bits of the project at a time. That way its not so bad...

You dont care about doing much of anything when you're tired, but think of how great you feel when you're rested, you have energy, and you care about your work. My advice would be to set aside 8 hours a night to sleep, and no less than 8 hours. If you do this, might you miss a few current assignments? Yes, but its better that you're on a schedule that gives you energy to do your work. I go to bed around 10pm at the latest, this way I'm well rested and ready to take on my workload the next day. Just schedule your time better, write it down on a piece of paper if you have, thats what I do. This way nothing will get past you :)

I procrastinate too much. I don't know if that's you're problem, but if it is there's something you can do. After school go straight home. Go no where else. Do ALL of the homework you can first (then do what you want). Before anything else, only taking small breaks for food/bathroom.

I have a BIG problem with procrastination. This is the only way I could function. After a few weeks you can start scheduling larger breaks, after a few more you can plan your time more freely.

Make your projects fun. My favorite part of the day was my math (which I saved for last) because I could listen to music and podcasts while doing it. Tell people about your projects, be proud of them. Feel like you are progressing for each assignment/project you complete. It'll help a lot.

At the very least, if things are really bad, tell yourself that it sucks right now but if you can get through school you can get a cool job. If you're in high school, you'll probably like college better, look forward to that. If you have nothing to look forward to after school (and you're in college), change your major. I took history for a semester, and I was depressed about my future, so I changed my major to Computer Science. Find what you like, look forward to the future, have fun.

Cut back sugar to 40 grams or less a day. Clean the house/apartment at least one hour a day. Take breaks and clean the living area on your breaks. If you're not doing anything, then clean.

My house stays clean because I clean it during my breaks. Clean, clean, clean, clean, clean... it's a form of exercise.