No time travel

hova

I read Lajtner's Time of Time Theory. (Details on http://www.lajtner.com .)

He states, time has time and energy and lacks dimension. Therefore there is no time travel.

Hova

We must however grasp that this is a theory. The description you gave of his theory, also lacks a detailed description, time has time? So let me get this straight time has itself? I could be missing something, but it is to my firm belief this is wrong, as to my belief time has dimension, for we move throught time all the time, though we may not realise it. You must take into consideration, that whatever we do in "time" changes things in the future, so we are doing something in this space that we are moving through. I understand where Lajtner is going with this, but it is to my beliefe, emphasize my belief, that this theory is false as to me time most definetly has dimension.

I'm the guy who wrote TIME EXPLAINED, and I've though long and hard as to why time is not a Dimension and why we do not move through it. But this lajtner link talks about auras and mysticism, and is not science. Here's an excerpt:

According to gravitational red shift and the sections above, the units of time and the distances between time impulses in a field are longer if they are nearer to a mass. This phenomenon appears in every field dimension and forms field skins around the mass. These skins have different thicknesses. Thickness depends on the distance between the mass and the skin. (Field skins can also be expressed as time skins)...

Astonishing Mystical and Spiritual Relations of Lajtner Theory. By opening up a whole new way of looking at physics, Lajtner Theory can explain a number of previously unexplainable items. Take the following few examples: Auras - Everything has an aura. On the basis of the Lajtner Theory, now we know why. Auras are really the manifestation of the phenomenon of gravity. Healing through the Laying on of Hands, Self-Healing through the Power of Thought. According to modern Western medical knowledge, this is impossible. Not so. Energy radiates from the hands, the mind, and the body. This outpouring of energy can even be measured. One of the simplest tools for this purpose is the flitlat. To view the video, click here. ( If you cannot see the video, click here for...

There's a similar new lajtner link on another physics forum.

Is time merely an invention of the mind? Or is time another dimension that the commonly known three dimensions travel through?

Can anyone find a time-particle or a time-wave? Time cannot be measured by the senses; only by man-made, man-devised inventions which, when being used, 'make' their own 'time'.

Does time pass in a place where it cannot be measured? If so, how can it be proved?

There is no such thing as the observable present. Everything we see or know about comes from the past.

(These points are not meant to cause arguments; just discussions. They are questions or theories of my own. Please could people try to answer any of these, or show how they are right/wrong.)

Don't insult me for my questions.

• 1 month later...

Why can't time just be time? Why do we make equations that say time is bendable and stuff like that? Universal time is the same here as it is in another galaxy. We just measure it differently. It does not change, no matter how fast you are travelling. It is a constant. It is not relative to anything else. Maybe it is all just a semantics thing.

If time travel is not possible how do we go forward in it?

I would say we don't 'go forward' in time; we just travel through it.

Think of a ship in the ocean. The ship is the universe and the ocean is what the universe is in. We travel with the ship through the ocean. If we build something to allow us to be ahead of, or behind the ship we will be alone; no ship, no universe. I think the same will apply to 'time travel' and we would find nothing in the past or the future because the past has gone and the future has yet to occur.

But since the ocean is curved, if we could turn the ship in to a submarine we could travel the same distance in less time.

It seems to me that the only reason time travel is not possible is because time recorded in one frame of reference is solely affected by its velocity, in relation to a comparative frame of reference, and that any discrepancies in time between two frames can only be compared in the future. There is no going backwards. One object may travel faster in time than another, but the comparison can only be recorded in the future. The difference is just a matter of record-keeping.

• 2 years later...
We must however grasp that this is a theory. The description you gave of his theory, also lacks a detailed description, time has time? So let me get this straight time has itself? I could be missing something, but it is to my firm belief this is wrong, as to my belief time has dimension, for we move throught time all the time, though we may not realise it. You must take into consideration, that whatever we do in "time" changes things in the future, so we are doing something in this space that we are moving through. I understand where Lajtner is going with this, but it is to my beliefe, emphasize my belief, that this theory is false as to me time most definetly has dimension.

I agree. Time must have dimension.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
It seems to me that the only reason time travel is not possible is because time recorded in one frame of reference is solely affected by its velocity, in relation to a comparative frame of reference, and that any discrepancies in time between two frames can only be compared in the future. There is no going backwards. One object may travel faster in time than another, but the comparison can only be recorded in the future. The difference is just a matter of record-keeping.

AYE MATEY! poor me another one. I concure to any concurements of this device!