tell me how?

ChemSiddiqui

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure your chemistry knowledge is correct! As/Alevel decide which university you'll end up at people don't want get something wrong due to incomplete / inaccurate knowledge . . . . oh and access whether its worth it, its nice to do something to help others but if the BBC's Bitesize website is better, or even just using Wikipedia then theres no reason yours would be used.

Oh and copyright . . . makes sure anything found in books / websites is properly referenced - archenemies really do not take kindly to their work being borrowed without acknowledgement.

Oh and know your audience, AS students at 16-17-18 yr olds typically - short attention spans and tend to want instant answers.

alot to think about beyond the technical side i'm afraid - good luck

oh and access whether its worth it, its nice to do something to help others but if the BBC's Bitesize website is better, or even just using Wikipedia then theres no reason yours would be used.
I think this is very important. If someone else has a site started that is close to what you're looking for then perhaps you could offer your help and save yourself 80% of the work. Starting from scratch is tough and it doesn't guarantee a better chance at success. Or perhaps you could offer to help with AS level chemistry revision for an existing science site that lacks such help. An existing site almost always means an existing user-base.

I'm always amazed at the number of people who come to SFN looking for advice on starting up some kind of science forum where people can go to talk about their favorite subject with like-minded sophisticates. Why is it so hard to find?!

Since this is the "Computer Help" forum, i guess you need help for computer side of this project.

If you dont want to learn html and all related thigs, the easiest way is to use a cms system or blog system. You should decide on one of these yourself! CMS is for regular sites with thousands or hundreths of categorized content. But blogs are easier to manage for you. There can be lots of other comments about them, just research on it..

For CMS resources you can check this list and for blog resources you can check this list.

You can find lots of tutorials/help/resources for well known CMS/blog systems in these addresses. In my opinion, the best geenral purpose CMS is joomla and blog system is wordpress.