What is the difference between chemistry and physics?

Dreamer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delta Flyer isn't a runabout. It's not a Federation vessel either if you really get down to it.

I'll prolly add it to Voyager's entry when I get around to it, although personally I don't find it that interesting as a ship :P

:offtopic:

I left out cosmology because i didn't know where to put it

and i don't think it fits into my hierarchy

but let me explaind the hierarchy

you can observe reactions in chemistry but to get an absolute concrete foundation you would need to look at physics

to get a concrete view of molecular chemistry a larger and more advance chemistry you need a stern foundations in chemistry.

and so on. I mean you can study each field in its own right.

but to provide a more concrete view you must look at the areas that it borders on hence the interdisciplinary fields of biochem, biophys, mathphys, mathbio, mathchem etc. mathpsych,biopsych,chempsych.

and so i put ecology after psychology and society

because to me psychology is the study of an individual not necessarily a higher cognitive individual but one that behaves in some sort of manner, the science of society is the study of a group of individuals and then ecology is the study of a group of groups interacting with there environment. SO perhaps there should be a second branch from bio->environmental->geo->eco

(i minored in astrophysics)

as for cosmology clearly it is the study of the large...but it is almost based on masses primitive/simple fast reactions Clearly it doesn't really rely on ecology. OR perhaps in does when you view astrochem and planetary science.

BUt hey maybe someday there would be a field of simulation trying to see how cosmology and societies on different planets relate, but we are still a long way away from that

Id agree with the biology comment but I wasnt able to take a subject at uni when i didnt study it at school at all.

So breathing apparatus is your thing YT? Not my kettle of fish (boom boom) but every man to his own. I wont post my preference, this thread needs to stay clean :D

Radical Edward said in post # :

you are missing the runabout class i.e. the delta flyer from voyager.

Actually, the Dauntless NX-01-A is on there, so I might as well make a separate entry for the Delta Flyer.

Seeing as it's actually bigger than the doorway into the shuttlebay it's supposed to reside in, it could even be considered a separate Starship :D