Dropping Phobos and Deimos

Fellow

Changing of orbits of big celestial bodies is impossible with this millennium's technology, but what about small moons of planets and asteroids.

I think that the most interesting idea would be to try drop Martian moons, Phobos and Deimos down to Mars surface. Do you guess this would be succeed. The nuclear bomb is surely the only instrument what could be used.

If Phobos and Deimos would fall down to Mars, what influence would this have to Mars climate.

What about a high output laser constantly bombarding one side of the moon? This would "burn" off smalll areas causing a small amount of thrust that cumulativly over a large time span could alter the orbit or trejectory...

Moving planet-size objects is an area I have somewhat of an interest in, because I hope we work out a way to do it before our sun explodes or a giant asteroid comes along... The only real issue in doing it (looking towards the future where the sun wouldn't be required to sustain life on eath, which again ties into..) is energy issues, which are currently one of the major limiting factors of science.

You'd have to be quite careful moving the moon though... remember putting it off trajectory will change the shape of the orbit into an elipse. If you can't predict that (or, more impressively, control it), the moon could swing back and hit the planet.