Need advice.

gene

Well, i'm back to school now and during lessons i feel sleepy and tired easily...

sO i was wondering what i could do in class to keep myself attentive and able to remember what the teachers teaches.

Sleep... i know is a solution... but i need to finish my homework before i can go to bed and it often eats into my sleeping time.

And, i am not allowed to eat in class... but drinking is allowed.

So, given these restriction... what could i do to help myseld to pay attention in class... i need some advice and so thanks in advance.

Btw, i have tonnes of homework.. is there any advice you can give to complete it in a more efficient and faster way?

A good ballanced breakfast wouldn`t hurt, then maybe a fruit juice to drink in class. try and repeat metaly what the teacher is saying also, I find that helps, and never be afraid to stop him/her and ask questions on any bit that you feel unsure about or don`t fully understand, it`s better to do that early before they race onwards and you REALLY lose the plot :)

as for homework, divide it all into "bite sixed" sections and set yourself goals, then have a short break. keep your work area brighly lit and don`t have the TV or Radio on (or anything else likely to distract you).

don`t look at the WHOLE amount of the work, just look at a section at a time :)

set youself regular times to do it in also, and make it a habit, and when you don`t have homework, keep to that time table and do revision instead.

that`s about the best I can think of for now :)

brekkies, as suggested above. I suggest something slow burning to give you energy throughout the day. Also, drink lots of water! most people are actually dehydrated, and the body shifts into a dehydrated mode where it tries to slow down and conserve water. drinking a couple of litres of water every day will help this. try to drink steadily or you will be spending hours on the bog.

Currently i drink coffee to solve my situation. By i hardly have time to make myself or get myself a cup of coffee. Anyway, all those drinking have been staining my teeth.

Vixenell, it is a rather good idea but i hardly have time to run before classes. My school starts at 7.20 am. And i live pretty far... about 40 mins drive there? So how am i going to be able to run? :)

So, what should be the regular interval whereby i should drink water? 10 mins, 2mouthsful?

So, is there like rubbing for forehead (don't know whether it works, just an example).... to keep you awake... I mean as in physical workouts that i can carry out on one spot, my seat?

Thanks sir, for the homework guide. i'll get right to it. Btw, haven't been coming here often, busy with preparation for O-Levels.

Laters.