Mole Numbers

Asian

Inside a single molecule of methane there is approximately 1/6.02E23 mol of carbon and there is approximately 4/6.02E23 mol of hydrogen. But I have serious doubt that this answers your question.

If I am right, then please rephrase your question and be more clear.

To know how many MOLE of an element you have, you have to tell us how much the element weighs. If you have one CH4 molecule, than you have an extremely small amount of MOLES.

CH4 has a molecular mass of 16, this can be found by adding the mass numbers of each element together (12 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1). So that means that if you have 16grams of CH4, then you have 1 MOLE of methane.

Say you had 100grams of methane and you wanted to know how much hydrogen you had you would take the weight (100grams) and divide it by the molecular mass of CH4 (16)

100grams / 16 = 6.25 MOLE of methane

If you have 6.25 MOLE of methane, thats also means that you have 6.25 MOLE of hydrogen atoms and 6.25 MOLE of carbon atoms.

I hope that helps, if it doesnt then think of it this way, if an element has a mass number of 12, that means that if you have 12 grams of that element, then you have 1 MOLE of that element.

To know how many MOLE of an element you have, you have to tell us how much the element weighs. If you have one CH4 molecule, than you have an extremely small amount of MOLES.

CH4 has a molecular mass of 16, this can be found by adding the mass numbers of each element together (12 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1). So that means that if you have 16grams of CH4, then you have 1 MOLE of methane.

Say you had 100grams of methane and you wanted to know how much hydrogen you had you would take the weight (100grams) and divide it by the molecular mass of CH4 (16)

100grams / 16 = 6.25 MOLE of methane

If you have 6.25 MOLE of methane, thats also means that you have 6.25 MOLE of hydrogen atoms and 6.25 MOLE of carbon atoms.

I hope that helps, if it doesnt then think of it this way, if an element has a mass number of 12, that means that if you have 12 grams of that element, then you have 1 MOLE of that element.

Almost. If you have 6.25 moles of methane then you have 25 moles of hydrogen since each mole of methane has four moles of hydrogen. (6.25x4=25). Therefore, you have 25 grams of hydrogen in your sample. The other 75 grams is carbon.