What are you reading now?

bascule

I'm shocked at the list of reading material. Not a single Terry Pratchett to be seen.:D

I've just finished "Thud" and "Nightwatch", Clifford D. Simak's "Way Station", Manfredi's "The Last Legion", "Spartan" and his "Alexander" trilogy and Clive Cussler's "Trojan Odyssey".

I tend to keep a number of books on the go at once. Currently "Alf Laylah Wa Laylah" (The Book of a Thousand Nights and a Night) an 1896 edition of Richard Burton's original, annotated translation. (And yes, I'm bragging that I've got a full set of 16 volumes.:D ) Also "The Odyssey" and "La Morte D'Arthur" and rereading Traci Harding's "Ancient Future" trilogy.

Sisyphus, I read the Pelloponesian War a few months ago. I found his description of the city (can't remember which one) destroyed overnight and left semi-inundated by a tsunami very interesting. Also his conclusion that such waves are caused by volcanic activity is quite perceptive.

Battlefield Earth has to be one of the funniest SF books ever written. Say what you like about the man's politics, but he had one amazing talent for satire.

I rather liked it, though it was hard to take seriously. I loved the Scots, especially. The movie version was awful, however.