Relative Motion Question

ParanoiA

That's another way of saying that an object's velocity through flat spacetime (4-velocity) is invariant, and always c.

Yes, I believe I read that very statement.

By the way, how much do you guys get into this kind of physics in your everyday work? I'm guessing it's as mundane as any other job, with the occassional transition to more interesting work, and then that gets boring and so on...

Come to think of it, I'm not really sure what kind of jobs you get as a physicist other than teaching and research.

Come to think of it, I'm not really sure what kind of jobs you get as a physicist other than teaching and research.

Telecommunications, defense, energy (as in nuclear energy, electricity et.c) finance and economics, space missions...a friend of mine works on satellite communication or something similar, havn't seen him in ages.

By the way, how much do you guys get into this kind of physics in your everyday work? I'm guessing it's as mundane as any other job, with the occassional transition to more interesting work, and then that gets boring and so on...

I do applied research (when I'm not doing paperwork), which means getting to play with expensive toys. Some of it is drudgery, like having to swap out a broken widget of some sort, but it stays pretty interesting.