dont read on if you dont want to hear a pointless rant

Callipygous

Hello

Well about you and Cali, if you read my first post I believe you can tell it was directed to him as by situation.

Wasn't until my second post that I realized the you were the respondant, and thought 'Well this seems to fire him up so much may be he's responding for Cali'. Or conversation by proxy.

Plus felt you were on such a roll there that it would be rude to interrupt you.

Now as to why it's funny to older people, it's not just that they've been through simular circumstances. But it is the dramatic production so many young people make of the situation. Not sure what an English equivalant show would be, but in the U.S. you have teen dramas like Dawson's Creek, One Tree Hill, The O.C, and formerly Beverly Hills 92010 (please Lord kill off these abominations); were the lives of the teenagers portrayed play out like greek tragedies.

Every love is your greatest love, if someone leaves you your on the verge of suicide at any moment. If just the right person doesn't totally love you your life is meaningless. Ad nausium.

And while most older adults look at people acting in such ways as comical, many teens in real life play out their relationships in just such a way.

I believe even you yourself as a tad bit older now, probably look at teens you might know or see acting in such a maner to be humerous yourself.

hope that claarifies for you some.

Mr D

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dak, you're completely misunderstanding my post. Just a few posts back I posted a clarification. Because I didn't want to be misunderstood while being judgemental of Cal's girlfriend.

I then got a reply on that post from Gutz that said "huh?".

So that post is in answer to Gutz. This has nothing to do with Cal or his girlfriend issue.

Sorry, I didn't mean to stray from the topic.

ok, sorry if i seemed snappy, its just theres quite a few people being unwarentedly harsh in this thread imo.

I believe even you yourself as a tad bit older now, probably look at teens you might know or see acting in such a maner to be humerous yourself.

i dont think that humerous is quite the word. i see what you mean. cally will probably look back at this at some point and feel 'humerous' about it.

my entire point is that now is not that time. however you look at it, comments such as 'join in' to a guy who's gf has just dumped him and who is obviously upset by that fact are not nice, reguardless of his age.

1.3 miles one direction. 1.3 miles back.

you think i could ever live in a house that doesnt have the internet?

I should certainly hope not, or we'd have to intervene.

And considering the thread so far you'd probably end up with a lifetime AOL subscription :eek: