Time travel perspectives

Thanks man, nice read.

I have a book called "Time Travel in Einstein's Universe". Very interseting books that explains all the current theories for and against time travel.

I'm still a bit skeptical about traveling BACK in time. Perhaps its because I don't fully understand the physics behind it. I've come to terms with traveling forward in time, however.

I have trouble with travelling into the past because of a dispersal effect. To consider the past as a flip card book is illogical. I can flip the pages and the character moves and then go to the first page and it's still there.

In real time the photons and energy transfers disperse after each "slice" or small "flow" of time and they would need the vast power of the universe to reassemble them.

The only time travel option into the past open to us is through a wormhole to a system light years away. If we find a habitable planet and colonize it we might be disrupting it's own developement because we are arriving in its past.

If Grays discovered wormhole travel today 1 million light years away and come to Earth in our past and colonize, we might never exist. Or maybe tomorrow.

Just aman

Originally posted by aman

The only time travel option into the past open to us is through a wormhole to a system light years away. If we find a habitable planet and colonize it we might be disrupting it's own developement because we are arriving in its past.

no, because if you did arrive at it's past, then you could go to the past of a planet, set up another wormhold there, and come back even further into your own past, ad infinitum. you only arrive at what you percieve as it's past, because it's present hasn't been seen by you yet, as time takes a finite time to get to you.

I really made a mistake with presenting a wormhole as door to the past. A wormhole bends space-time to connect present to present like bringing to planets light years away together and you step from one to the other.

Travel into a systems past will only occur if you travel the length of space-time itself at C+ speeds.

With a wormhole you should be able to travel to a system today and come back tomorrow.

Just aman