Convert WMV to other formats

BigMoosie

Hi,

I have recently purchased a PDA which does not support WMV video formats. I was wondering what suitable software would be able to convert these to either MPG or AVI files while keeping the file sizes similar. I obviously do not need something overblown like Adobe Premier, but something with a few customise options such as quality and resolution etc would be good. Does anybody know of any such free program?

Thankyou very much!

-Moosie

mencoder uses mplayer if I remember correctly. It takes things mplayer can play and turns them into other formats mplayer can play. It works better in 32bit. Some wmv files will play now but around half are unreadable and thus unconvertable with 64bit mplayer.

If the above don't help you could look into some of the iPod video converters, they will generally change it to mp4 format.

ImTOO iPod or Videora are ok ones, I think you need to pay for both of them though.