Chat having problems or is it just me?

insane_alien

• 3 weeks later...
Is it down again or still down? I cant connect it keeps timing out. First i thought it was my connection but everything else works fine

I've been on IRC chat once, and then my Java applet came up with some error. I've tried Mirc, X chat which both come up with errors. I sorted out my Java console, and now times out everytime I try to log in...like mike90. I've tried blackcobalt but I get a load of ads, and I can't see where you get into the SFN# chat room ? I'm pretty new to using domains et.c so probably me just being stupid.

The one time I did get on there, I really enjoyed it...so getting a bit frustrated.:-(

ok for Xchat when you open the program it will give you a list of servers. click on any one of them and then click edit.

at the top bit click add

type "blackcobalt.no-ip.org/6667" without the quotes

for channels to join type "#SFN" again without the quotes. you can ignore th rest of the options.

try that.

Anybody know why the IRC Java times out ? With X chat, and MIRC I get errors when I try to install them (should of said this earlier) so I'm restricted to using IRC.

EDIT: I've got Windows ME Ops (yes I know it's rubbish) and I think this is why I'm getting problems.

nah its just the java thats sucky it never works for me. what error do you get trying to install Xchat?

Right, I get this when I try to install...

Unable to execute file:

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\is-IAVTQ.tmp\update-modules.bat

CreateProcess failed;code 31.

A device attached to the sytem is not functioning

Then a DLL error when I try to run X-chat...

Xchat has caused an error in

LIBPANGO-1.0-0.DLL

Xchat will now close

Any ideas ?

search google for the .dll and stick it in your system32 directory. umm beyond that i son't know.

Doh, I do that all the time...ME is renowned for DLL problems, cheers

Klaynos, followed your steps...just get 'undefined string' and nobody online.

I'm gonna give Xchat another go.