Accutane

deep

Isotretinoin (trade name: Accutane) is a powerful drug used in the treatment of acne. Four to five months of isotretinoin treatment usually leads to clearing of acne for one year or more after the medicine is stopped. Most other acne-controlling medicines are antibacterial agents, which are effective only if the medicine is used daily.

Isotretinoin decreases the amount of oil produced by the skin's sebaceous (oil) glands. It may be as long as two months before you see improvement in your skin. There's no medicine we can add to speed up isotretinoin's action. In fact, sometimes acne gets worse during the first month or so of treatment. Side effects, such as lip dryness, begin before the acne starts to clear.

I think Accutane is great when it comes to acne. It says that it will cure acne for up to a few years and only 1 out of 10 people say their acne has come back after using Accutane.

Read more about Accutane, here.

My first wife had the treatment back in '83. She still has beautiful skin after almost twenty years. Too bad they didn't have a cure for her personality.

I recommend it for skin problems by personal experience.

Just aman

My first wife was bi-polar and she had it bad. I really didn't notice any difference. It was kinda like saying there's a difference between a bad turd and a rotten turd.

I think a person with a solid personality could handle it.

Just aman

Originally posted by blike

Doesn't accutane have links to depression?

Not only depression, but depression with attempted suicide. The TV show 20/20 had a segment on Accutane, which depicted the life of a very very normal teenager, who turned suicidal after being prescribed Accutane.

I will never take it, nor recomend it to anyone even considering the use of it.

More teenagers will kill themselves over bad skin than will once their cured. The whole key is support. Family love and understanding. The depression just needs to be monitored.

Maybe it's not right for everyone but most have signifigant beneficial results the rest of their lives. Just my opinion also.

Just aman