Science Fair

Muffin

Hey, sorry if this is a repeat, but can you guys reccomend a cood science fair project for me to do? I want it to be something good, but nothing that requires materials or something that would be hard to get. Thanks!

lol. what science are you in? If you're in biology, do a biology experiment. If you're in physics, do something physicsy. I'm sure we can come up with lots of good suggestions, we just need to narrow it down a bit ;)

Heh Muffin, give me a high five. :P

I too, was thinking about doing an experiment. :)

Well, i know nothing about engineering. Sorry. :P

Well, currently i am in s'pore spending my 2 months holis. But, only remaining 1 month. I'd like to try on an experiment like what Muffin said. Any suggestions?

I prefer to do on Biology.

wolfson said in post #11 :

Stoichiometry and the mole concept , that would be best as soon you will be using it alot

Yup, that`s another neat idea too. here`s a tip tho, MAKE IT INTERESTING!

perhaps turn it into a sort of chemistry Magik show!

for example potassium permanganate sollution and iron sulphate solution. ones bright purple the other clear.

get a clean flask, breath in it and add some KMnO4 to the condensated moisture then a add a few drops of concentrated iron sulphate to the palm of you hand and let it dry. add pure water to the flask after showing the flask is empty and getting someone to drink the water.

the watter will apear to turn purple as if by magik.

make up some funny line about that not supposed to happen, cover the flask with your hand that you treated, give it a few shakes and it`ll go clear again.

after everyone stops gasping and saying how cool it was, you`ve got their attention, then explain how it was done and the reason that it did it :)

(and this should be post #12 !)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey YT, making plastic sounds pretty cool. What kind of variable do u think would be a good one to test? I'm not sure what I can change without it totally ruining the plastic. Like, maybe there's something that makes the plastic harder or softer, or makes it more tolerant of heat or something. Any ideas?