Strange internet troubles

blike

I've got a problem here. When I first boot my computer, my internet runs fine. However, after browsing a bit (I usually notice it after I've tried to open 3 or 4 webpages simultaneously), it slows WAAYYY down and hangs on "Connecting to page.com". Basically it just sits there trying to connect. AFter about 30 seconds, it finally connects and proceeds to load the page extremely slow. I think it's a problem with resolving IPs or connecting to them or something. It even occurs in IRC, so it's not just a browser problems.

Any suggestions?

I've been seeing similar problems with one of my computers. About 20% of the time it times out trying to resolve domain names with the domain name servers. The thing is it isn't a problem with my other computer that uses the same Internet connection and is configured to connect to the Internet in the same way. It drives me nuts.

I tried telling WinXP Pro to cache the domain names for 8 hours in hopes of reducing the problem but it seems to want to always query DNS every time regardless.

Okay if the problem comes about from opening 3 or 4 pages at once, why? For me your solution is a non-starter because I have several tabs in Firefox set to start to different sites (this one included).