my arm/hand

hey, i've been a self harmer before, cutting my left wrist, but thankfully i'm passed that now. But the problem is that evey time i get upset, or nervous, i feel my left hand/arm shaking. Like if i hold it up high it starts shaking. I don't think this is a nerve problem since i never cut too deep or for too long. DO u know why does this happen? and how can i help prevent this? thanx

nerve damage tends to show up as loss of feeling/movement rather than a twitch if its a cut injury. its more likely the soup of chemicals dumped into your body when you get stressed out. my foot twitches when i'm stressed but there has been no injury at all.

Try squeezing a racquetball or tennis ball in that hand a few times to see if it changes anything. I've had twitches like that before and they usually go away if I stress them a little differently.

If you used to self harm when stressed, perhaps it's some sort of anticipatory signal from the brain as a reaction to what you used to do. This will probably fade as you keep up the better behavior.

• 2 weeks later...

hello

would think most likely cause ,as stated above, chemicals being pumping into your body by itself as a reaction to nerves or stress.

such how the fight or flight responce that causes adrenalin to be dumped into your system. your twitch could be a habit you developed as a means to help burn off those chemicals as it were.

but if concerned see a physician if you can just for peace of mind.

mr d