Should I trust this guy?

Liza Gross (PLOS);

And in a 2005 survey measuring the proportion of adults who accept evolution in 34 European countries and Japan' date=' the United States ranked 33rd, just above Turkey. No other country has so many people who are absolutely committed to rejecting the concept of evolution, Miller says. “We are truly out on a limb by ourselves.”[/i']

Uhm...yeah...

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. Recently some Muslim students in my high school started approaching me and asked me if I wanted to convert to their religion. I hesitated, they provided me with books by the author Harun Yahya that goes all out to disprove evolution and support Creationism. The books have tons and tons of 'facts' and pictures depicting various life organisms and how the Evolution could never work. They seemed surprisingly realistic to me, but does that author have a hidden agenda?:confused: I'm just asking you guys for your insights.:)

If "Harun Yahya" has scientific evidence against evolution then why can't he proove it to the science world so that it can be accepted by the scientists???????If he is able to do that then it will be a great discovery!!!!!.

I have the link to Harun Yahya's homepage: http://www.harunyahya.com

Go to right hand side and there's a list of all his books' date=' many devoted to refuting evolution. Do check those out and tell me what you make of it. Thanks[/quote']

Been there before, so unleass it's changed radically, there's no point going again. It's crap. Much, if not all, is refuted elsewhere.

I have the link to Harun Yahya's homepage: www.harunyahya.com

Go to right hand side and there's a list of all his books' date=' many devoted to refuting evolution. Do check those out and tell me what you make of it. Thanks[/quote']

I Don`t know, and Can`t say for certain, but Something tells me he`s Already "converted" and this may all just be a new Ploy/Tac.

my Spider Senses are tingling....

I Don`t know, and Can`t say for certain, but Something tells me he`s Already "converted" and this may all just be a new Ploy/Tac.

Could this something be the "some stranger I met told me <add something here>. Could you complete strangers I´ve never met take a look at <this thing from the last sentence> and tell me if I should trust this stranger I met?"-baseline of the initial post ?

Been there before, so unleass it's changed radically, there's no point going again. It's crap. Much, if not all, is refuted elsewhere.

I like it. "Relativity is wrong" for everyone!

Keep things in their place: Science is one thing and Religion another. Each time you read one of these "Facts" analyse it properly: if they present it as a scientific fact, then it should questions such as:

- Can I imagine a way to prove it right?

- Can I imagine a way to prove it wrong?

- Is it true in the fisrt place?

Often their fact can't be proven wrong, e.g., it is impossible to prove that God did not created something, because you can argue that God created DNA through enzymes.

Keep things in perspectives: Science is an exercise of logic, experimentation and analysis, religion and spiritualism is a personnal quest of answering questions that can not be answered by the present knowledge.

Also, to see their serious, ask questions such as:

- Why are muslims forbidden to eat pork?

You will see that the answer will be "submission to God's will", wich is miles away from logic...

Don't let the fool you by thinking that spiritualism is science. But yes you can be curious and develop your spiritualism.