Fertilization of an Ovuum

sunspot

If we look at the sperm fertilizing an ovuum, the sperm begins with half the DNA and the Ovuum the other half. The question I have, what would happen it we manipulated the sperm cells so they divide the male DNA disproportionately, with the super sperm now having 55-60% of the male DNA material going into the ovuum. In other words, the combined DNA in the ovuums starts out with 105-110% of the normal amount of DNA.

It depends on which chromosomes don't separate... this is called nondisjunction and results in diseases like Down syndrome if the cell survives at all. Too much genetic information can be just as harmful as too little.

The protein grid of the ovuum may only able to define equilibirum for the correct amount DNA. It would be interesting if the ovuum, cherry picked the DNA to get the correct amount. It could result in dedundancies or gene switching. For example, if the male sperm contained some extra female genes that the male DNA that it got from his mother, and these were able to find their way into the fertilized ovuum, they could replace or run parallel to official female genes.

Singular = ovum

Plural = ova

Perhaps the easiest way to get extra DNA is through the sex chromosomes. The somatic ones tend to be fatal aside from 21, and it's not great in any case. XYY is the best to have as its main effect is to make you taller.

I don't know that much about it. From what I know they are more active. Problems arise if they get bored, then you get bad behaviour and learning disorders and that.

What I meant about the mother is, a male child came from a male (father) and female (mother) and therefore contains both male and female genes. When sperm form some of the female genes, that the son got from the mother, may end up in the sperm. The ovuum will absorb not just male genes from the male but also some female genes that came from the male's mothers. If these replace the purely female genes within the ovuum, some female traits that are passed to the third generation daughter are masculinized female genes.

Sexuality is more than just male or female organs. There is a wide range of secondary changes from muscularity, to hair, skin, body fat, behavior, sensitivity, etc.,

When I was thinking about the Y and X chromosomes, I noticed that the Y is sort of like male genetalia, i.e, twig and berries. The X for the female is a set of mammalian protrubances (Frank Zappa) and two other things. The clitorus could be one and the other is everything else?

XYY normally also results in ultra low IQ. I suspect the feminists might make something of this.

If we were able to add a little genetic something in sperm, we should not. Extra DNA usually results in terrible genetic disease.

• 4 months later...