What is there, at 1 millisecond in the future ?

pretender

As far as I can work out in my layman mind, If we could go forward in time to the point of 1 millisecond, there would be nothing, as time in effect, has not yet happened.

There can be no future, because the now is the only time we can be in, if we could go back in time, we had already done it, as time cant be changed, you cant have 2 versions of the same piece of time.(There cant be 2 versions of 2nd oct 1960 @10.30 am), its just not possible. Does anybody agree????

I think you are saying, on a time line, the whole of the actual existing universe is at a single point and so if you were to travel back in time, or forward (faster than 1sec per sec) you would enter time without the rest of the universe, without anything.

Sounds possible.

But then again I consider time travel impossible, so whilst it is a nice theoretical or philosophical question I am not gonna spend too long dwelling on the thought.

if we could go back in time, we had already done it, as time cant be changed, you cant have 2 versions of the same piece of time.(There cant be 2 versions of 2nd oct 1960 @10.30 am), its just not possible.

In order to explain certain phenomena physicists have postulated the existence of an infinite number of parallel universes that are all different from our universe. So in fact there are actually many version of Oct 2nd 1960 @ 10:30 am. If you were to go back in time you would be travelling to a different universe. That is why it would be possible for you to travel back in time, kill you father and still exist.

(There cant be 2 versions of 2nd oct 1960 @10.30 am), its just not possible. Does anybody agree????

Sure there can, just not for one person. Two people can disagree on what time it is, and neither of them be wrong. Time is relative.

saying that is true to a point.. you cant have 2 battle of Hastings. there was only one outcome of this battle, there cant be 2. So history cant be changed.

If you went into a shop and bought a Cd last week. That will not be changed, ithappened and that is that.

saying that is true to a point.. you cant have 2 battle of Hastings. there was only one outcome of this battle' date=' there cant be 2. So history cant be changed.

If you went into a shop and bought a Cd last week. That will not be changed, ithappened and that is that.[/quote']

if you believe their is multiverse, then that's not true. Alternative histories/presents could have happened/be happening in paralell universes.