Aryan Genetics.

During a lengthy discussion with various colleagues, we came across the topic of Aryan characteristics (blonde hair, blue eyes) and one of my friends suggested that the trait evolved to make persons more distinguished amongst black haired and eyed people, thereby making it easier to find breeding partners.

if anyone have any idea/explinations into the cause of Aryan genetics, please respond.

18420163.jpg

Blonde hair & blue eyes does make someone more distinct... but so would an extra arm, and it would be useful!

I do not believe it has anything to do with evolution for the sole purpose of being distinct.

Instead I think it is simply that there are variations of the 'hair colour' gene, and the same with the 'eye colour' gene... a combination of these variations is known as Aryan, nothing special.

[edit] btw, you coulda chosen a nicer looking blonde ;)

hello

more likely recessive traits brought forward by inbreeding, if you look at the small land mass of the earth the so called aryian people occupied small genetic pool available.

or could be they were driven out as diseased by these traits by the other race and forced into small secluded area.

takes all kinds

mr d

First of all, "aryan" has no biological meaning, it's mytholgy. However it makes sense for a linguist.

Second;

Frost, P. 2006. European hair and eye color: A case of frequency-dependent sexual selection? Evolution And Human Behavior 27(2):85-103.

Human hair and eye color is unusually diverse in northern and eastern Europe. The many alleles involved (at least seven for hair color) and their independent origin over a short span of evolutionary time indicate some kind of selection. Sexual selection is particularly indicated because it is known to favor color traits and color polymorphisms. In addition, hair and eye color is most diverse in what used to be, when first peopled by hunter-gatherers, a unique ecozone of low-latitude continental tundra. This type of environment skews the operational sex ratio (OSR) of hunter-gatherers toward a male shortage in two ways: (1) men have to hunt highly mobile and spatially concentrated herbivores over longer distances, with no alternate food sources in case of failure, the result being more deaths among young men; (2) women have fewer opportunities for food gathering and thus require more male provisioning, the result being less polygyny. These two factors combine to leave more women than men unmated at any one time. Such an OSR imbalance would have increased the pressures of sexual selection on early European women, one possible outcome being an unusual complex of color traits: hair- and eye-color diversity and, possibly, extreme skin depigmentation.

Interesting

Blonde hair & blue eyes does make someone more distinct... but so would an extra arm' date=' and it would be useful!

I do not believe it has anything to do with evolution for the sole purpose of being distinct.

Instead I think it is simply that there are variations of the 'hair colour' gene, and the same with the 'eye colour' gene... a combination of these variations is known as Aryan, nothing special.

[edit'] btw, you coulda chosen a nicer looking blonde ;)

dont think i could have, she has a perfect personality

You would want that. your y chromosones are on a roll.

there are peopel i know with eyes so black its indistinguishable from thier pupil.

it is highly likley that this is because of inbreeding, because the blue eye alleles are ressesive and as we know inbreeding caused ressesive genotypes to become pheonotypes.

Here in Bharat, people called aryan have blackish skin, blackish eyes, but many have light colour of skin & blue eyes too. No one is pure today so obvious.

This is like creating curiosity & then just leaving the topic!

Just one blonde... i mean individual is very unscientific & unsatiesfactory...

please send more clearer photos...