Referrals?

oic! I brought a chap called Livewire here, he`s never posted (prolly shy), so maybe a waste of time, but yeah, that would be a neat addon when activated, on the proviso that they were active and beneficial to the site and not just there for the sake of it.

Sounds good :)

sure save me alot of time explaining things in my chatroom all the while :)

Yes, spamming is a risk but then everything we do brings that same risk.

People who don't post aren't really a big problem, are they?

It's just that I have noticed the rate at which new members join has declined quite a lot. In the admin tool set, is there any facility for watching sign-up trends?

ok, I have a question;

ya know when you add someone to your "buddies" or "ignore" list, do they get notification?

I tried adding myself, to my list to see what would happen, it doesn`t allow it, which makes sense because there`de be no purpose to such a function.

Just wondered :)

Yes, we monitor signup trends.

In October 2003, there were 78 new registrants, which makes that our third most active month ever.

In 2003, we have so far averaged 14.78 new users per week, while in 2002 we averaged 6.04 new users per week.

From January 1st, 2003 to June 31st, 2003, we averaged 12.7 new users per week, and from July 1st, 2003 until November 1st 2003, we averaged 17.67 new users per week.

So actually, we're seeing a constant increase in the signup rate.

Goodo!

I realised while you were off getting all that info that the reason I have noticed fewer new signups is because with the Orbitz style, new members are shown on the site front page and not on the forums index page. I check the latter more frequently than the former, so I wasn't using accurate data ;)

I was yankin yer chain dude :)

there`s no way I could have seen you in there if I wasn`t there myself :)

I go in there for different reasons (or maybe the same, I dunno?)

but in there ya can see the most popular things looked at, and I`ve noticed a good many folks like to veiw the Printable versions of things too, so this site`s definately WAY COOL, if not exactly an Authority, certainly worthy of hard copies! :))))

well someone make me a MOD then, then I can get that Irritating "delete post" thing to work instead of having to ask a mod to do it for me if I double post!

It would be worth it for that alone :)

as for IP`s :)))))))

I`m saying nothing :)

fafalone said in post #5 :

Could also lead to spamming and an increase in people who sign up and never post.

I wonder how many of the originals here signed up because of jinx's persistant spamming all over the place.

He would post all over message boards "New science forums created by yale scientists" and in chatrooms "Click here for XXX!"