Unobtanium discovered

insane_alien

If you've ever watched the core(whether it be for the pleasure of mocking it or because you were being tortured) you'll know about the metal/mineral/alloy called unobtanium. I think ive just found it.

After my previous memory pen shattered i bought a new one about 20 mins ago. The packaging displays all the same characteristics of unobtanium as described by 'the core', when under stress it gets stronger, resistant to heat etc. etc.

I tried scissors, they broke. i tried melting a corner off with my lighter, it didn't melt. i tried biting a corner off, i cut my tounge.

i say we build tanks out of this stuff.

P.S. i still haven't got the memory pen out.

I'm sure my alarm clock is made of unobtanium, it's been violently beaten every morning for the last 5 years, not a scratch on it...I'm yet to perform a high temperature test, I'll update you with my findings.

One of my oldest friend's mother has a plastic cheese grater from the 50's. It looks brand new, no scratches, the colors are still vivid. This gadget has been used every week for fifty years and will probably outlive us all.

Definitely unobtainium.

One of my oldest friend's mother has a plastic cheese grater from the 50's. It looks brand new' date=' no scratches, the colors are still vivid. This gadget has been used every week for fifty years and will probably outlive us all.

Definitely unobtainium.[/quote']

Bet it's made from Melamine (1,3,5-triazine-2,4,6-triamine) a triazine. Anything made from that plastic seems to last forever. Always wanted a car made out of the stuff.

I GOT THROUGH IT! it took a drill and a knife but i did it. i still think this stuff would be perfect for tanks.

Not suitable for tanks. Been tried on politicians.Their skins are already made of it, but the shells and whizzbangs just bounce straight back at you. Completely impervious. Very dangerous.

Anyone ever watched Brainiac? Once they were testing what was really unbreakable. One set of plastic containers were impossibly tough - they survived and explosion, being hit by a bat - not a scratch, crack nor dent.

Impressive stuff.

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

LOL, I had a moment of 'wrap rage' with some fresh mince I had stuck in the freezer. There is a dent on the kitchen work surface, where I lost my rag trying to separate the polystyrene bottom from the meat.

There was a whole programme of some blokes campaign trying to get a company to change the design of 'cheese singles' wrapping...the sort of processed cheese slices you get on burgers. He had trouble separating the wrapping from the cheese (they're individually wrapped.)

You have to be particularly sad to waste so much time and effort when (on the rare occasion I've bought them) they're a doddle to remove. He was the kinda person who organises 'neighbourhood watch' meetings.

Bet it's made from Melamine (1,3,5-triazine-2,4,6-triamine) a triazine. Anything made from that plastic seems to last forever. Always wanted a car made out of the stuff.
Right! I remember inheriting a set of Melamine plates and cups when I moved out of my folks house. I gave them to a roommate when I got a new place but they were still like brand new.

I've often thought I could get rich manufacturing a few everyday items out of Melamine. You'd have to charge a lot since you'd only be selling one to every interested person, but I think lots of people would like to buy their last spatula and then move on to more important things.

LOL

Try being left handed :D . Scissors are a nightmare (it's not the grip, but the way they are hinged), anything with a "grip" handle) is harder to use. Even the design of some buildings temds to favour right handed people. :eek:

Now on to opening things...

Jars and such favour right handed people, Packeges that have "easy opening" tabs are designed for right handers usually (and made out of Unobtainium :D so you can't open them any other way).

Maybe us "lefties" should be able to claim dissability for it...

BTW this is not ment to be taken seriously. :rolleyes:

i'm somewhat ambidextrous my left hand can do most of the things my right hand can do and ven a few things it can't and vice versa. although i was origionally right handed my left hand is actually neater than my right hand at writing although i seem to only be able to right in reverse(like in a mirror)