why aren't new threads highlighted?

why aren't new threads highlighted?

then you come into this site, it lists the number of new threads, and the number of new posts. there is no way of knowing what and where the new threads are other than looking in every section (unless there is some option i don't know about).

so i guess my suggestion is to highlight a new thread like you would a new post.

when i came into the website just now, it said there were 10 new posts and 5 new threads.

i followed the symbols to your reply, and backed up to the forum home, underneath the where it says how many new posts and threads there are, there is an option that says "view new posts"

i clicked on that, and it found 5 posts, none of which are new threads.

okay, that makes some sense. this time i came in and it said "There have been 3 threads and 3 posts since your last visit!" the 3 posts were hilighted (by the dark green circles and pages with squigly lines on them), and they showed up in the "view new posts" option.

but that doesn't explain how last time it said "There have been 5 threads and 10 posts since your last visit!", and when i looked for them, and when i clicked "view new posts", i, and it, could only find 5 new posts (posts with pages of squigly lines next to them, symbolizing a new post)

oh, i just realized. it can count more than one post in each thread. so when i clicked "view new posts", it found the 5 threads that had new posts

okay i was wrong. i didn't realize that "There have been X threads and Y posts since your last visit!" actually meant that there have been Y posts in X threads since your last visit (not in any way associated with new threads)

:uhh::uhh:...... :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Iglak

:stupid: