reflections and mirrors

jackonaut

I don't imagine why not. If you have two beams that converge on a single point, then have another mirror at that point to relect the convergent beams both along the same identcial path, as long as the mirror is properly angled?

i've been trying to arrange this but have been having trouble finding a layout that allows for one final beam. i'm designing a project where the video from two laser video projectors can be combined into a single projection through the use of mirrors and reflections. any suggestions?

i've been trying to arrange this but have been having trouble finding a layout that allows for one final beam. i'm designing a project where the video from two laser video projectors can be combined into a single projection through the use of mirrors and reflections. any suggestions?

Hmmm....I don't know much about this but what if you arranged them like a reflector telescope. It think its what Transdecimal said.

project the images onto two separate mirrors (mirror 1 and 2) which would reflect backwards onto mirror3, which would reflect out to your screen..... something like that.

Proj1>>>>>>>>>>>> |Mirror 1

...........<<<<<<<<< |

|Mirror3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> combined image

...........<<<<<<<<< |

Proj2>>>>>>>>>>>> |Mirror 2

B

i've thought about an arrangement like that but mirror 3 would reflect the light from mirrors 1 and 2 in different directions

Yeah, I forgot, you need mirror 3 to be concave.

One cheap way would be to find a piece of material flexible enough to bend, like a sheet of aluminum that you can polish.

B

Ah, yes! Sorry I meant to say about about the shape of the mirror when I said about the angle, otherwise they would just bounce away at an angle equal to the one they hit the mirror at!

Oops.