Plz help, browser types slowly.

alt_f13

My browser is going extremely slowly. Nothing else is, just my browser. It makes no sense. For example, right now I am typing and I have to wait for a long time for my text to catch up to where I am, and I type at about 40 WPM... not 7000.

Simmilar thing with scrolling. And the more complicated the page, the worse it gets.

Needless to say, typing in some of SFNs threads is insanely tedius.

I have IE6, winME and this just started happenning right out of the blue. I just deleted and reinstalled windows rencently if that has anything to do with it, but I don't think so b/c I deleted the registry along with windows.

I have 576MB of RAM and 70% free resources right now and it's still doing it. Notepad types fine.

Werd, so can I fix it? It never used to exist, and must have come with the newest update I got.

The best thing about this... ever since I got the newest IE, automatic windows update over microsoft.com stopped working. So whatever error came with IE is dissalowing me from updating past it.

Oh, this, BTW, is part of what caused me to DEL windows in the first place. The other was a series of MS runtime updates I got that caused every program I have, MS and otherwise, to crash in a matter of seconds.

Great fun. I love Microsoft and how it manages to keep its software from conflicting with itself and doesn't slowly but systematically lock me out of my own computer. Great fun indeed.

MrL_JaKiri said in post #5 :

ps

Use opera.

Do you pay for it?

I use Mozilla. What differences are there in the browsers actually?

My knowledge is that netscape & mozilla are essentially the same thing now, opera is another browser, and IE is the monopolized browser :P

hehe

BTW, MrL, what is your new avatar?

AHA!

It was a Trojan installed by some website or other. My homepage was being hijacked but I completely forgot about it.

What was happenning was some command was being excecuted every time I did anything in explorer, and for some reason it affected SFN in the most noticable way.

cool web search, or something like that, was to blame for all of this. I cannot believe this website and others like it are not shut down, because trojans are most certainly illegal.

The point is that most trojans don't stay within geographic boundaries or legal jurisdicts.

Very few people will try to prosecute trojan writers unless criminal damage or loss of data is caused, or espionage is allowed.

Hence it's worth doing in terms of risk of legal consequences.

One or two federal prosecutions a year is insignificant on a planet swarming with trojans.

I use Opera too, and the ad you're talking about is small and insignificant. I only notice it when someone start to talk about it :P

Mozilla is a good browser too btw. Have had quite a few discussions with some friends about which is better, Opera or Mozilla. Most of the time we end up agreeing they are both great browsers, and a LOT better than IE! :D

(Oh, and the ad doesn't always say "Buy Opera". There's a lot of different ads, and in the newest versions, you can have google-ads with relevanse to the pages you visit.)