Feeding tube to be removed from coma..

blike

neo_maya said in post #17 :

I still do not understand - if she is not feeling anything, then where is the problem to keep her alive? I mean is it the money?

I know it's really hard to see ur close one in a vegetative state but that doesn't mean u have to murder her to see her out of misery.

The point is this woman is, for all intents and purposes, dead. The only reason her heart is still beating is because of a machine. She has no brain activity, she is not aware of what is going on. She will most likely never come out of this state. Her mind is dead, her body is not. On top of this, she expressed her wishes NOT to be kept in this state should anything ever happen. Keeping her alive in this manner is against HER wishes.

blike said in post #26 :

She will most likely never come out of this state.

I think this will be my last post in this thread.

U said it - she will most likely - but not for sure. There is still a chance of her waking up. I think there is a word - "MIRACLE".

And as for her wish - I think every now and then we say something but that doesn't mean have to follow it or obey it.

neo_maya said in post #17 :

I still do not understand - if she is not feeling anything, then where is the problem to keep her alive? I mean is it the money?

The money will be an issue, but the main one here is that she ASKED to undergo euthinasia.

Are there comas where the patient retains subconcious activity? If so, I would not want to experience it. I have talked about lucid dreams before and had one the other night. I am fairly certain that I could figure out that I was in a coma and would wish I was dead. Dreams are only cool b/c you can wake up from them.

Ever see that movie "Momento"? I think it would be simmilar to that. A cross between momento and the matrix, except you know you ain't gonna wake up, and you know you are comatose.

Terrifying, to say the least.

Last I heard it might be restored after all, which I find that pretty disgusting

Anyone know at what point refeeding syndrome becomes an issue?

Just curious, she's under "care," if that is what to call it for being jerked about so, so would not expect it to be an issue in her case, but went through a spell of severe undereating myself once. Got myself back on solid food, but had gone ketotic and was having gag reflexes when I tried to eat, so have just been curious on how severe the imbalance or state of starvation need be before refeeding becomes a critical issue