MySpace Frames

herme3

I would like to frame my own profile on my MySpace page. The page I want to frame is http://lost2destiny.homestead.com and I already wrote the HTML code:

<iframe src="http://lost2destiny.homestead.com" width=500 height=500

frameborder=0 scrolling=false style='border:opx Solid black;scrollbar-base-color:#000000'>

</iframe>

However, I do not know where to put the code. I would like the frame to replace where you would normally put your information, but I don't want it to cover up where other people can leave comments. Can anybody tell me how to do this? Thank you.

Put this in about me:

<br />
<style type="text/css"><br />
.Main { position:absolute; left:50%; top:125px; width:800px; z-index:1; margin-left:-400px; padding:0px; border:0px; background-color:transparent;}<br />
</style><br />

And this in who id like to meet:

<br />
<DIV class="Main"> <table style="width:800px; height:600px; cellpadding:0px; cellspacing:0px; border:2px solid silver; background-color:ffffff;}"> <tr> <td valign="top">

<!-- Your HTML Here! -->

</td> </tr> </table> </DIV><br />

I had this saved in a text file awhile ago so dont credit me for it. Basically its a CSS class that covers up your profile so you cannot see it.

My guess is you can copy all your HTML from your site into where ive left the comment. Worth a try as ive not tested it. I dont know how youdd intergrate comments etc though.

C'mon herme3, you can do it! I have faith in you!

Thanks. I'm really good at creating web sites, but I've just never used MySpace before. I hope I can figure out how to get my design in my profile, becuase I think it's much better than any of the MySpace templates.

Frames are the devil anyways.

What makes you think that? Frames are awesome! I own a web site that will make frame pages for people. I own http://www.myiframes.com so I am a frames expert! :)

I had this saved in a text file awhile ago so dont credit me for it. Basically its a CSS class that covers up your profile so you cannot see it.

My guess is you can copy all your HTML from your site into where ive left the comment. Worth a try as ive not tested it. I dont know how youdd intergrate comments etc though.

Thank you! I will try it when I get home, and I'll let you know if it works.

I actually can't stop laughing...

What's so funny? There have been a ton of people who signed up for My IFrames and my members have e-mailed me saying how much they like the service.

Search engines hate frames-they won't index the content inside them.

I doubt that. I've used my own web sites on My IFrames, and I've seen my search engine positions increase.

And regular frames (not iframes) are deprecated from the HTML standard.

I don't use regular frames. In fact, regular frames don't even seem to have a purpose. Iframes are much better because you can control their size and everything.

What's so funny? There have been a ton of people who signed up for My IFrames and my members have e-mailed me saying how much they like the service.

That just shows the kind of people who require a service that creates iframes for them.

I doubt that. I've used my own web sites on My IFrames' date=' and I've seen my search engine positions increase..[/quote']

You doubt it? Well it's quite a well know thing. My dislike for frames is that most sites designed with them look AWFULL and really really bad if viewed in a browser size they're not designed for. And there are still browsers around that don't support them (I use one regularly).

I don't use regular frames. In fact, regular frames don't even seem to have a purpose. Iframes are much better because you can control their size and everything.

IIRC you can indeed alter the size etc. of traditional frames, but iframes are a step in the right direction.

I doubt that. I've used my own web sites on My IFrames, and I've seen my search engine positions increase.

Correlation does not equal causation.

Essentially, the content on iFrames is not "counted" as content on that webpage by search engines. The iFrame src is simply added to the list of pages to index (or some search engines may ignore it entirely). But content within iframes doesn't show up as content on your page to a search engine.

• 1 month later...

That doesn't mean (i)frames are good. It means those people like the service.

Position does not increase because your content got spidered, it increases because of inward link authority ranking.

The old frameset method served essentially the same purpose, and although you could control the size etc they are simply not as versatile as iframes. Don't forget though that frames originated way before CSS, without which iframes are useless.