What are some ...

KFC

I Did It And It Didn't Explode. It Didn't Do Anything Visible.
You just made a very big mistake.

You ignored warnings from Experts and now we can't trust you to act responsibly around chemicals. My recommendation is that you be barred from posting in Chemistry since others may follow your life-threatening example.

I Put Thousands Of Dollars For Safety And Ventition Equipment. I'm Working With Very Very Small Amounts Of Hydrogen And Chlorine. If There Was An Explosion It Would Be Very Small And I Do It Under Water.

I Put Thousands Of Dollars For Safety And Ventition Equipment. I'm Working With Very Very Small Amounts Of Hydrogen And Chlorine. If There Was An Explosion It Would Be Very Small And I Do It Under Water.
So you say. I have scant evidence of your safety precautions and a great deal of evidence that tells me you are a young amateur who is reckless and seeks destructive information about chemistry.

I worry that others will view your posts and copy your recklessness. I also worry, since you ignore advice from experts, that your next post may read something like, "OMG! You were right! It exploded, I'm typing one-handed and I'm coughing up BLOOD!"

Perhaps it's your use of title case that suggests I'm going to read about you in the headlines of tomorrow's paper and that adds to my fears for your (and other's) safety, but I also have a duty to the owners of this site not to let dangerous information and behavior be negligently posted where impressionable and unskilled people can read it and regret it.

How can we know that? What if somthing went wrong? Unless you have experience working with chemicals and or have been trained to work with chemicals no amount of safety equipment can protect you.

In the end if you did not know it would explode you have either not done the correct research or you do not know anything about the chemistry involved - both are reuired before you even start to try experiments as I'm shure the experts will agree with.

The rules are in place for a reason; if you hurt (or kill) yourself while doing an experiment posted here then the forums could be shut down - chemistry as a hobby is hard enough now, more people getting injured or killed is the last thing we need.

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

From your posts I get the impression that you are doing stupid things while not listening to any warning, given by other members.

The things you do really can harm you. The posts you made the last few weeks show that you still have a lot to learn on the field of chemistry. This is not a problem at all. We all have to learn. What IS a problem though is that you just continue doing your dangerous things, even if many other people warn you.

The H2/Cl2 example is a VERY insidious one. It may seem harmless for 5 times, for 10 times, .... but one day, when you look bad at it, the moon is not well suited towards you, the goddess of chemistry is made angry... it will explode. Violently! You will be the victim (loosing fingers? eyes?). And then? Who is to blame? SFN forum members or staff?

So, show that you build up some knowledge, behave less kewly and then you may retry such experiment.

I'm certainly not stating that no one may do interesting or potentially dangerous experiments, but from a serious and well-educated person I expect that before such experiments are conducted, the dangers are assessed and that there is an understanding of the reactants and their products.

Next time: WARNING!

• 4 weeks later...