Conscious Experience of Einstein's NOW

amrit

In science we experience motion with the rational mind. Scientific mind uses "time" as a main frame into which all physical phenomena are examined. Time as a frame of the mind (we will call it "mind-time frame") was build up by observing motion. To have a rational understanding of the events in the nature human mind has developed "mind-time frame" that is composed out of past, present and future.

In the universe time does not exists, there is no evidence about time. All we observe is motion. We experience motion into the "mind-time frame", we project time into the universe.

By observing (watching, witnessing) the mind we distinguish between motion and time, we become aware that motion runs into what Einstein calls NOW.

……... there is something essential about the "now" which is outside the realm of science. Albert Einstein

see more:

http://forum.physorg.com/index.php?showtopic=4321

amrit

In science we experience motion with the rational mind. Scientific mind uses "time" as a main frame into which all physical phenomena are examined. Time as a frame of the mind (we will call it "mind-time frame") was build up by observing motion. To have a rational understanding of the events in the nature human mind has developed "mind-time frame" that is composed out of past' date=' present and future.

In the universe time does not exists, there is no evidence about time. All we observe is motion. We experience motion into the "mind-time frame", we project time into the universe.

By observing (watching, witnessing) the mind we distinguish between motion and time, we become aware that motion runs into what Einstein calls NOW.

……... there is something essential about the "now" which is outside the realm of science. Albert Einstein

see more:

http://forum.physorg.com/index.php?showtopic=4321

amrit[/quote']

Seems reasonable to me.:) The now time is the time of the I perciever.

The time of physics is clock time, the observation of which is related to the velocity of light in the manner described in special relativity. All we can percieve is history.;)

If you want to mix relativity and meta physics you might find this of interest magen.co.uk..there is one absolute truth...

I think that distinction between motion ant time is essential into physics. My post has nothing to do with metaphysics.

Motion is physical reality, time is a concept of the mind developed in Western culture. You might now that some people on remote islands now only “present” in their language. All that happens is NOW. Jewish culture has introduced in Europe the concept of the linear time: past, present, future.

We can perceive and experience only the physical reality that exists. We can not perceive physical reality that is not into existence. And we perceive and experience present moment only, called by Einstein NOW. So present moment is a pysical reality, past and future are of the mind.

Let’s make a small experiment. You move your hand in front of the eyes. Your hand is moving from position X to position X+1, to X+2 .........to X+n. When your hand is on the position X+1 it is not any mote into position X and not yet into position X+2.

When you observe hand into position X it is for you a present moment, when you observe it on the position X1 it is a present moment for you, and so on.............

You can always observe an experiment only in the present moment, never yesterday or tomorrow. Why? Because only the present moment exists, past and future belongs to the mind.

Universe run always into the present moment that Einstein calls NOW. Motion runs into this NOW. We experience motion into time. Time belongs to the mind, motion to the universe.

motion is physical

time is of the mind

amrit

I am reading Brian Greenes The fabric of the Cosmos and in Chapter 5, on page 133, Einstein speaks of the now and the totality of Spacetime and the conception of what exists at a given moment in my time.

I don't understand what your looking for?

Bettina

Time is just an abstract idea to define the frame of reference to give us the ability to measure things. Also, it gives us a reference of mind to organize the human races, because we need to know when to meet someone. Or we'll even never know when Winter will be coming. Imagine a world without time. IMAGINE THE CHAOS. :D

Edit: Pardon me for the bad post. I read it again, it looks bad.

If you want to mix relativity and meta physics you might find this of interest...

In reply to you said i.

:)

I think that distinction between motion ant time is essential into physics. My post has nothing to do with metaphysics.

amrit

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaphysics Metaphysics (Greek words meta = after/beyond and physics = nature) is a branch of philosophy concerned with the study of "first principles" and "being" (ontology).

Motion is physical reality' date=' time is a concept of the mind developed in Western culture. You might now that some people on remote islands now only “present” in their language. All that happens is NOW. Jewish culture has introduced in Europe the concept of the linear time: past, present, future.

We can perceive and experience only the physical reality that exists. We can not perceive physical reality that is not into existence. And we perceive and experience present moment only, called by Einstein NOW. So present moment is a pysical reality, past and future are of the mind.[/quote']

Nothing to do with metaphysics?

:confused:

You can always observe an experiment only in the present moment' date=' never yesterday or tomorrow. Why? Because only the present moment exists, past and future belongs to the mind.

Universe run always into the present moment that Einstein calls NOW. Motion runs into this NOW. We experience motion into time. Time belongs to the mind, motion to the universe.

motion is physical

time is of the mind[/quote']

Are you sure, what you are saying has nothing to do with metaphysics?

:confused:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you know that you exist, reason that you exist, or ask an expert?:D

Yes, whai I discuss is related to Ontology.

Bridging Physics and Ontology

Einstein’s NOW is what Kant calls “Ding an sich”, what in Zen is called “Tathagata” (Suchness), one could say "The Truth".

Does physics have a capacity to integrate ontology ? This question is into my mind for 17 years. Back in 1989 i was carrying out an experiment at the University Of Ljubljana for two month every day. I was measuring the weight of earth worms at the time of death in order to see there is relation between gravitational force and life.

During this period i read some of Einstein and I came across his statement above. What he say is right. I was measuring the weight always only in the present moment (into NOW), never into past or future. It came into my mind: Might be Einstein’s NOW is something that exists and I do not know the way to experience it.

After 17 years I have some results: the bridge into the NOW is understanding that motion belongs to the universe and time to the mind. Universe in in a continuous movement. The motion happens into NOW.

In order to experience motion in a rational manner human mind has developed time.

Time is a main frame of the mind into which we experience universe, ourselves, scientific theories about the universe.

By distinguishing motion and time one becomes aware of the NOW.

The only way to distinguish motion and time is to watch (witness) the mind and to become aware that time belongs to the mind and motion to the universe. Watching (witnessing) the mind is a function of consciousness. Let’s make an experiment. You take a pendulum and put it in front of you. Swing the pendulum and watch it for a while with the open eyes. Than close the eyes and watch the image of the swinging pendulum. The watcher that watches the pendulum is the same, it is a consciousness itself. You can open eyes again, watch the pendulum, close it again...........open it...

This experiment will help you to see the difference between motion and time into which you experience motion. You will discover that pendulum swings into NOW.

Awareness of the difference between motion and time is essential into theoretical physics. It opens the new perspectives into understanding of time, gravitation, cosmology, it integrates ontology into physics.

God is out of job here. Once we discover the NOW we do not bother about god any more. Nietzsche sad already: God is dead.