The Advance Of Mercury`s Perihelion

tsolkas

ΤHE CAUSE

One of the major causes which accounts for the advance of Mercury`s perihelion is the revolution of the center of mass of the Sun around the center of mass of our planetary system.

more...http://www.tsolkas.gr/

• 4 weeks later...

The website that you refer to mentions that there are 4 contributions to the perihelion advance and that "the advance δ4 which to this day remains unknown can be calculated..." Why didn't you calculate δ4? It may have added credibility to your website.

You are in fact asking us to doubt the accepted explanation which gives exactly the right answer for an explanation that is simple to calculate, but that you don't know if it comes even close to the correct answer.

Without this calculation, or at least the result, your explanation is not very convincing.

'']Why dont people post this kind of garbage in the other forums? Nobody seems to make up stupid theories for chemistry or biology, its always us physics guys that get to deal with idiocy like this.

Oh, I don't know. Whatever the latest diet fad is present seems to be chem/bio, as is homeopathy and a whole host of other medical claims. The common theme seems to be a complex topic (e.g. relativity, QM, medicine) interpreted by people who don't understand it, and therefore conclude it (the applicable theory) is wrong.

'']Why dont people post this kind of garbage in the other forums? Nobody seems to make up stupid theories for chemistry or biology, its always us physics guys that get to deal with idiocy like this.

You obviously don't spend enough time reading the chemistry and biology forums then...

Or maybe it's more of a result of people being able to much better spot rediculous theories in the field that they are the most familiar with...

physics gets the einstein bashers and cubists

chemists get the k3wls and homoepathy freaks.

biologists get the creationists and darwin bashers. i've even seen a few people who claim that bacteria are a huge conspiracy to cover up poions being put in the water by aliens from alpha centauri although not in this forum.

creationism/ID anyone? healing magnets?

don't know any for chemistry.

edit: when trying to go to the site in the OP, i got a 404

edit#2:i got the second to work and it is that egg of columbus crap from the other thread

You obviously don't spend enough time reading the chemistry and biology forums then...

Or maybe it's more of a result of people being able to much better spot rediculous theories in the field that they are the most familiar with...

Yeah, I do spend most of my time on the physics boards and know the most about it. Point taken.