Laughter is Good

JustStuit

I've also adopted the motto "Ignorance is Bliss" to help with depressing situations. :)
I think you'd get more laughter by throwing away the whole ignorance thing, and just laugh at everything bad rather than ignore it. For instance, rather than walking around the spray of blood left by a suicide jumper, comment on how it sort of makes a picture of a gerbil wearing a top hat, maybe take a picture or later indulgence ;)

Laughter is good, ignorance is just lazy. Many people think a lack of confrontation is a good thing and they live their lives looking for the status quo. I look at every mistake, difficult situation and confrontation as a chance to learn a little bit more. You take everything as seriously as it merits, and you smile about the rest.

In business I've gone into meetings with clients who are purple-in-the-face mad at something that's happened. I know as long as I just face the problem head-on and listen to their version I can not only fix the problem but usually walk away with an even better relationship with that client.

You know it's good thing you put that wink at the end...I would have thought you were serious. ;)
It's obvious you don't know our AzurePhoenix. "Serious" is just a tighter grip on your throat for Azure.

As much as I do everything I can to keep up with the serious aspects of life, I also try and just enjoy my dumb luck of having a front row seat to something as amusing as my own personal plain old human folly. Its been incredibly entertaining so far. :D

I've also adopted the motto "Ignorance is Bliss" to help with depressing situations. :)

I tried that and I came to learn over time that it is not a very effective mechanism for....wait, I probably shouldn't spoil it for you.

:-( Oh, maybe I shouldn't have then, I was serious, just using the wink to point out the levity of everything :embarass:

I got it...I wasn't being ignorant. Point: serious. anecdote: not. sick and twisted.

Laughter is good, ignorance is just lazy.

What would you say for the people with weaker constitutions? Like in some instances what JustStuit is talking about.

I am only ignorant to things that I can't change or help. If I make a mistake I don't ignore that, I try to learn from it. With things I can't change I try not to let it rule me.

Not everyone can cope with reality, and therefore hope for ignorance...

I am only ignorant to things that I can't change or help.
Just make sure you learn enough to be absolutely certain you can't change or help it, then you can let it go.
What would you say for the people with weaker constitutions? Like in some instances what JustStuit is talking about.
If depression isn't physiologically linked to some disorder or imbalance, then you can fight it with laughter and positive thinking. I believe you can make yourself addicted to negativy in the same way an alcoholic will drink so he can blame booze for all his problems. Pile up all the negative things that happen to you in a day and you can get sympathy from some p[eople, and blame your lack of progress on society and circumstances.

Or....

You can pile up all the great things about you and your life and realize that it's all perspective. You're a magnet and it's up to you whether you present the positive or the negative end of yourself. You will attract what you look for.