LATEX in Msn Messenger

ed84c

Thanks a bunch!! It's a big lifesaver!! Now I can explain complex things clearly to my friends!! :D

The file appears to be a .bz2 file. What program can I open it with?

7zip

NOTE: this is a plugin for gaim not for msn' date=' gaim is an IM client that will connect to msn amoung others.[/b']

Not unless microsoft have made one.

Should I download gaim to make the plug-in work? Do it require a resignation (username and password)?

gaim is a multi-protocol chat client, which means that yes, you do need a username/pass, but you can use your msn one (or yahooIM, aim, etc)

But the gaim plug-in won't work on msn, so yeah you have to download gaim.

Im curiouse: does the reciever need the plug-in aswell, or just the sender?

Yeah, I'm curious about Dak's question. "Does the reciever need the plug-in as well, or just the sender?"

Because of both sender and reciever need both of the plug-ins, that will be too much work, as both need to get gaim, then the plug-ins, and so on.

So..?

You'll both need gaim for it to work. The rendering is done on the client-side. For example, if I type the message $$\sum_{n=1}^{\infty}$$ then on my screen it will get rendered; on the remote client, without gaim, it will just show up as text.

In case you guys are interested (and have KDE), Kopete comes with a latex plugin pre-installed which uses the same $$...$$ notation as gaim. You just need to go into "Configure plugins..." and enable it. The rendering really is very good, and it looks pretty snazzy.