A bit of not so serious Phun :)

YT2095

here`s a little puzzel for the math`s folk on here :)

3 Businessmen go into a hotel and ask for a room, they don`t have enough money for a room each so they decide to share a room.

the guy at the desk was still new at his job and said it would cost 30 dollars (use pounds if you want).

they each pay 10 dollars and hand him the 30 and goto their new room.

sometime later...

the manager asks the guy at the desk how`s bussines doin, he then explains about the 3 bussinessmen and the 30 dollars he got, the manager says NO, give them a discount if they share, charge them 25 dollars! the manager leaves

along comes a bell boy.

the guy at the desk hands him 5 1 one dollar notes and asks him to give it to the business men in room whatever.

so he walks off up the stairs and round the coridors and thinks to himself 3 men, 5 dollars??? Hmmm.. I can keep 2 dollars myself and just give them 3 back, so he puts 2 dollars in his pocket and gives the 3 men a dollar each.

so now each man has only paid 9 dollars :)

well... 9 X 3 = 27

and the bell boy has 2 dollars

and 27 + 2 = 29?

so where has the other dollar gone?

Enjoy :)

YT2095 said in post #1 :

well... 9 X 3 = 27

and the bell boy has 2 dollars

and 27 + 2 = 29?

9*3 = 27. This is how much the men paid out IN TOTAL.

The room cost $25 of that, the remaining $2 went to the bell boy.

29 is made up. There is no 29 involved. The puzzle only works because the figures are specifically chosen to confuse.

nope I didn`t come up with it, a m8 of mine did about 12 years ago (hence I agree it`s old) but it sure had me confused for a good while until I "reverse engineerd" the problem.

sad part is tho, I keep forgeting my conclusion :(

I know it worked along the lines of aproaching an equasion from both ends simultaiously and it will NEVER read true...

rem the old kids trick where you PROOVE you have 11 fingers?

put both hands up and count them 10 digits, now on 1 hand from ouside in go: 1 2 3 4 5. on the other hand go 10 9 8 7 6.

6 and 5 = 11 :)

I don't believe I know many people that would've worked on.

but it would've been fun nonetheless

eh, my history teacher asked me a question before, well...it was to the class, but somebody finally gave me an idea accidentally as to what the answer would be and I answered it

don't think it'll be much of a challenge here, but I'll post it later anyway maybe

• 1 month later...

heheheheheh fair play to ya :)

did I tell you about the bloke in a 6 foot wide tunnel carrying a 20 foot ladder and had to turn around?

oh yeah, he wasn`t allowed to change arms or walk backwards either! how might he have done that?

well the answer is; it`s a rope ladder, but I`ll give it to ya, of course that means now yer dead meat :)

I`ll tell you about the 3 men buried up to their necks in sand... you won`t be so fast that time :)

I just have to remember it 1`st LOL :))

well done tho :)

ok here goes...

3 men are buried up to their necks in sand.

the 1`st one, and then another behind him so that he can see the back of the 1`st guys head, and then another behind him that can see the backs of the 1`st and 2nd guys head. they cannot see each others faces, and are not allowed to talk!

a hat is placed on each mans head, 2 are black the other is white.

they are told that only the one wearing the white hat is allowed to speak, and he must only say "I am wearing the white hat, please let us go".

if they get it wrong or try to comunicate they all get shot, correct and they can go free.

how do they work it out?

Enjoy :)