I believe in innate imperatives

That are biologically interpreted

Aligning each life form to the Creator's design

I believe in perennial LIFE

Realisable through biochemical purity

For the glory of the Creation

WHAT IS A STOIC

A Stoic knows that:-

The creation and organisation of all, is at the least, as rational as a sane person.

LIFE is one organism and all life forms are but cells of this one organism.

Opinion is as the Universe, ever changing.

Evil and good are just that, words.

A clear conscience is jailer enough.

A goal of LIFE is to be perennial.

The goal of Humankind is to be free of toxic substances.

[Please note LIFE here refers to the superorganism which includes all living things or super cells]

sto·ic Pronunciation Key (stk)

n.

One who is seemingly indifferent to or unaffected by joy, grief, pleasure, or pain.

Stoic A member of an originally Greek school of philosophy, founded by Zeno about 308 B.C., believing that God determined everything for the best and that virtue is sufficient for happiness. Its later Roman form advocated the calm acceptance of all occurrences as the unavoidable result of divine will or of the natural order.

L I F E 'S C Y C L E

In the beginning there was the void, and the void condensed a sun, and the sun spun a planet which when at a suitable distance from the sun, hatched interstellar LIFE from it's dormant forms.

The atmosphere was dense and the creatures grew to their full potential size, they ranged the planet and multiplied.

As the atmosphere grew thinner, the size of LIFE grew smaller and with every catastrophe the largest life forms were made extinct.

Eventually dominant Man burst forth and by his nature, thought, and thought conceived numerous delusions, and delusion produced wondrous structures that blossomed an age of transcendence from which seeds were flung anew into the void.

The gathering self-righteousness condensed and precipitated a huge conflagration, which seared the face of LIFE.Life was no more, there.

All within a blink of interstellar time.

In another place, in another blink of time, LIFE with a different face evaporated the self-righteousness of seeding and chose to be perennial.O'LIFE, our mother, is our post natal depression incurable, or can we show by love, we do want to return home and be with you, again, one.

I would'nt call it stoic. I'd call it conjecture. Each of your propositions are good subjects for discussion. Thanks Zarkov but I don't agree with a few of your propositions.

I say let me be exposed and survive toxic substances so I and my progeny will be stronger. This includes viruses and bacteria. I don't want me or my kids to be bubble babys.

Conscience is not my jail. I don't even call it conscience. It's just the naturally right thing to do. Conscience is when you have done "evil" and have to deal with it.

The goal of life is to be more than the last generation. To stand on shoulders and see farther.

I guess I don't agree with you on these points but it's just my opinion.

Just aman

We actually do agree, I am sure you would avoid toxic substances that send you insane!!

And as long as you know right from wrong you are in communion with your conscience.

BUT there are many out there who are lost, tragic for they are me, they are you.

"I am you, you are me" One Life

AWAKENING

In the beginning, long before now, the Earth was wild and raw, especially the mountains, for they were rich in mineral ores.

Now in that time, there lived two tribes, one on the plain, the other in the mountains. All humankind lived in peace with great respect for all of Nature.

The plains were rich in LIFE and the soil was clean, and the water was clean, and the people dwelling there were happy, contented and loved living. They were fully grown, healthy and they supported each other in an almost godlike manner. They showed great reverance for all life and needed no more than what was given.

The mountain people knew as much as the plains people that there was a God, though they felt closer, and so expressed their admiration and fear of such a being, many times a day.

There emerged some from the mountain people who were more passionate in this devotion to God, and they banded together into a brotherhood, and began to practice their own higher rites. Some found coloured earths, yet others, rare plants. The colours were painted onto their bodies to encourage the soul to come forth, whereas the plants when taken opened the door.

Within a generation, great technological advancements were evident amongst the mountain peoples; they had conceived an axe, a club, and had learnt how to kill each other. The painting and the releasing of the soul was now common practice within that tribe.

The plains people knew nothing of this enlightenment. They had some enlightenment for they had learnt how to fear their mountain brothers, so they withdrew their tribe as far a field as they could, into almost barren desert. Their life was now hard, for all had to be earnt, and little was given.

The mountain people expanded onto the plain, and great was their sophistication. They now adorned themselves with jewellery, wore cloth, made houses, grew crops and were collecting all the animals into herds. Laws had been made and some citizens had great power and privilege above others.

It came one year, the drought, and the plains people suffered badly, and they were hungry, but they feared the mountain people more than they feared death.

There arose one from the plains tribe, one who preached revolt, one who said all our tribe's woes are due to the mountain people's greed, for they have taken more land and more animals, and often our women and children as slaves. We must fight he said.

Now the plains people were very sensible and could see the truth in these statements, and at last all agreed to take back what they needed to survive.

So an attack was made on the mountain people and a bitter battle was waged. The plains people had few weapons, no protection, and were not familiar with fighting.

Soon however, they learnt how to use what they had captured and then made their own. They found the mountain people weak and quite unrealistic, and so before long they had reclaimed their homeland, and much more; they now used the captured technology, and some more passionate citizens began to form a brotherhood to practice higher rites to God. Coloured paints and rare plants were used and once again sophistication flowered.

In a far away place, another primitive tribe looked on and wondered.

In the growth of LIFE, the series of things is not like a mere enumeration of disjointed things, which has only a necessary sequence, but it is a rational connection: and as all existing things are arranged together harmoniously, so the things which come into existence exhibit no mere succession, but a certain wonderful relationship.

Ancient Stoic Philosophy

I believe in the theme of your little parable if I get it right that life has a harmony of ordered interactions. With the presence of sentience there becomes a balence of a new kind. A balence of order and disorder we are responsible for and the purpose is to be greater than we are. (A lot of definitions of greater)

It's just my opinion after 50 years of life and it is a subjective supposition.

Maybe when we break the microcosmic barrier, the information about us being planned or an accident might be there.

Just aman

S O U L M A T E

Oh sweet expectations and teasing despairs

Sets flight to days long with sultry aires

The sight of you sets my heart to the wing

An unseen bond ties as tight as any ring

When our eyes meet a force so strong

Excites us both to know we belong

Your smile comes flowing so caressingly fine

Your body shows it's delight to mine

We hold our gaze just a little too much

Maybe a few words or else a touch

Then you are gone to where you fly

While I just sit here and wonder why

It seems to me to be sheer greed

This desire of people to desperately need

To own all that LIFE sets so freely

And gives to us just as easily

Oh free spirit, my soul mate

Will one own you is that your fate

Or will you be tamed or left to fly free

Oh I pray you will always a free spirit be

Philosophical then poetic. It's great but you should suggest a poetry section. I can't argue souls or soul mates very well scientifically. I figure it's just nice I have somebody I can live with comfortably till I die. She makes me better. Her "soul" will probably go somewhere way beyond me when it's over. As far as soul mates, that's a good question.

Just aman

W O R T H I N E S S

As shepherds watched their flocks by evening

They couldnt believe what they were seeing

For on the side of yonder hill

Sat a guru all in white and so very still

His head it became so bright, it seemed to glow

Then they noticed a great shinning orb

Above the hill it was hanging

It just came from where they did not know

It was bigger than the moon they knew

And it rolled slowly down the hill

Until soon they feared and they cried

For the guru it would surely kill

The guru, he was lost from sight

As the burning orb enveloped him

But to their utter amazement

He came out, born again

The shepherds fell to their knees

A miracle, a miracle they screamed

As the orb crashed to the bottom

And disappeared into the stream

They lay for quite a while

Exhausted by their ordeal

But soon rushed off to spread

This miracle they knew as real

A meeting of elders was convened

And a motion quickly passed

That guru must be returned

They all agreed, and fast

The villagers, they all bowed down

And begged his forgiveness

What is the secret of such protection

Please give us all deliverance

The guru told them their mistake

Life is a mystery, he quietly spake

All you need is faith, not me

For reality is yours to make

This enlightenment was so profound

That they all fell to the floor

But when their senses they regained

The guru he was out the door

All those who truly believed

Then conceived of a plan

For worthiness now could be tested

In each woman, child and man

Boulders so large, were pushed

To the summit of the hill so sacred

And a chosen one waited at the top

Whilst all the rest sat to be tested

The boulders he rolled off, one to the next

And he thought until all were released

Oh to be so heaven blessed

And not be here, sacrificed for their benefit

The chosen one, he then descended

Eager to be found worthy as well

But what he found was not heaven sent

But a squashed hell

He bowed his head, so low down

And he thought of his brethren

He wondered why they all

Were not worthy enough for heaven

So he contrived a plan with stick and rope

Where he could sit and himself test

And for his boulder he waited

Hoping to be heaven blessed

And he was truly blessed

For his boulder hit a pebble

Clean over his head it bounced

And he didnt even tremble

He went out to spread the word

But only a few wanted to be tested

Many thought him quite absurd

And its lucky for us that they protested

There's him who coaxes people onto boulders and many who council them not to go. It seems like tough battle. At least here. On the other side of the world do the boulders roll uphill?

As far as worthiness, my Wife says I'm worth a shit. I don't know how that translates down there but up here if you ain't worth a shit, then your in trouble.

Just aman

• 2 weeks later...

S H O T G U N

31st of November 89 , Wayne all of fifteen

Shot his father

And then his mother and kid brother

Dead, with a shotgun, with a shotgun

He was taken away on that fateful day

And locked in a cell

And forced to tell

What he did with a shotgun, with a shotgun

Its plain to all came a self-righteous voice

That he is irrevocably evil

For he had the will and the choice

To do what he did

With a shotgun, with a shotgun

The judge he agreed and handed the decree

To force him to pay

By whiling his life away

In a prison hell for his evil

Can you really conceive

That a sane boy of fifteen

Could do what he did with the barrel of a gun

And not pay his price for the rest of his life

But its easy to see how a philosophy

Can justify such cruelty

When people live in the fear

Of the dark side of their life

And must lock it away from everyones sight

Its up to you now to scrape and to bow

Or stand tall and know that its all

Ignorance they see

On the dark side of the moon

For there insanity stands

There is no reality to this anxiety

Unless of course it can be used to force

People to heel to an authority

Zarkov.

Thats a pretty depressing example of a stoic philosophy. Stoics are supposed to be indifferent to pleasure or pain and at the mercy of natural law.

I can't imagine a stoic with a shotgun. But then I ain't a stoic cus I love pleasure, hate pain, and imagine myself the master of natural law.:cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

Sometimes I'm just too cool and I can't help it.

Just aman

The best government is for everyone to be ruled by the wise and godlike power seated in their own heart.

In a sane society, it must be accepted that all action is within the bounds of necessity, even if the purpose of such action is not understood.

Everyone should be his own best guard, though enquire as to whether madness be thy bodyguard.

Apathy may lead to suicide, whereas action often leads to death.

Every nail of injustice you drive home, remember it is in your own coffin.

There is no justice in what is only to the stronger person's profit.

What only seems good is not good enough for anyone

Some ancient STOIC thoughts!

Stoics, just believe there is a reason for being, and even if we do not know it, they trusted.

And therefore they lived a life of changing the things they could but accepting the things they couldn't, knowing that it is all meaningful for good.

Basically from what I can gather, modern humans, failed to understand the perenial foundations of hummaness,

They were / are hostile to the excesses of Rome.

Stoicism was misrepresented and the writings were mainly burnt by the crusaiders, when they burnt the Great Library at Alexandria.

I have attempted to reinterpret the old sayings, so I suppose I am a neo-Stoic!

For me the message has never changed, just in many cases ignorant eyes have as usual, cast it in an unfavourable light, even though to be stoic is considered by the learned to be noble :)

C O N V E N T I O N

Public opinion is backed up with punishment, fines and loss of rights, and death.

No individual can stand against the river of public opinion, and such a river will wash away all private teaching.

Correct logical process do not necessarily produce true conclusions, however conclusions thus produced are bitterly defended.

Convention is not necessarily logical, nor desirable, though it may well be rational.

Ancient Stoic philosophy :)

Originally posted by Zarkov

Stoicism was misrepresented and the writings were mainly burnt by the crusaiders, when they burnt the Great Library at Alexandria.

how did they manage that? The stories of the destruction of the Library have been circulating since the first century AD (around the time of Julius Caesar), and yet the first crusade didn't actually begin until about 1095 AD. Or are you talking about entirely different crusaders?