Life in the Undergrowth...

Royston

If anyone was fortunate enough to see 'Life in the Undergrowth' last night, a brand new documentary hosted by Sir David Attenborough then you would of seen the amazing courtship and mating ritual of the leopard slug.

I guarantee you'll never look at a slug the same way again, myself and my house mates were transfixed and makes our mammalian sexual practices seem almost primitive and clumsy.

Please find a video clip below...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/lifeintheundergrowth/video.shtml

The documentary was unique as it plotted the ancestory of insects from early crustaceans and molluscs to the modern day mini (and not so mini) beasts we see today, and used digital high speed cameras which produced some incredible images. I'm sure it will be repeated soon on BBC 3 or 2 but I'm yet to check, can't wait for the next episode.

Some of those insects really creeped me out. I don't usually like slugs so I didn't really enjoy the hardcore slug sex scene but yea was really good program.

You happen to see those bugs that kept on bumping into each other, was classic.

• 4 weeks later...