Multiple Big Bangs?

Guest md101

alt_f13 said in post #18 :

Ah, well that could be antimatter by definition, except anitmatter exists in our universe.

I always speculated at negative matter, but in our universe it is unstable. I'm not sure it can even reach matter stage, merely energy.

Of course I've only read about it a few times, and have yet to see a long article on it in a credible magazine or paper.

I would user different terminology in the future though, as antiparticles and negative particles are distinctly different.

Now, imagine a negative anti-particle impacting with a negative "normal" particle. That would be a negative energy explosion!!!

How would that kind of "negative" explosion affect positivle normal particles? Merely blast them into nulldom?

Very interesting.

Edit -- Here is an idea for energy production.

Shoot a normal everyday atom with a negative particle. It would tear through the atom, ripping apart the infrustructure, until it reaches nulldom, realeasing its energy!!

Negatives answer to antiparticle energy!

I don't understand what you are getting at. I might be misunderstanding so please explain it to me some more. As far as I understand it your negative matter is antimatter, I do not understand the difference. Antimatter is elementary particles that are the same as their corresponding particles but have opposite electrical charges or if no electric charge some other property related to electromagnetism... right? How can we have both a negative particle and antimatter? Aren't they the same thing?

Our universe is full of anti-matter. There is supposed to be big clouds of it perpendicular to the center of our galaxy but seperated by empty space. It will react when it hits regular mass but is still there theoretically and lots of free anti-matter floating around other places. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with an alternate universe. There is no reason it can't exist in an absolute vacuum.

Just aman

Anti-matter is used all the time in medicine by a method called positron emission topology. I think it's mainly used for tracing. They're given a small amount of a positron (anti-electron) emitting substance (carbon-11?). When these positrons encounter an electron (it won't be very long) they annihilate, and hence two gamma rays are created of an exact energy travelling in opposite directions. From that, an image can be built of the bloodflow in the body.

Newbie-

Negative energy (and perhaps matter) is a deficite of particles. Combine negative energy and positive energy and you get zero energy. As the name implies, it is the negative of existing energy. Anti-particles are different forms of the normal particles we see all the time.

Sayo-

What are YOU getting at? I would be curious to know.