Homosexuality

this is probably more of a joke than anything else but this is a miscillaneous observation/inquiry on the subject.

i work at a television studio in Burbank ca. yesterday we had the first taping of a new show called the Ellen Degeneres Show. as you all may or may not know, Ellen is female and is gay. she is probably one of the more notable gay females in the US. the show had a live audience for the taping. let me tell you, these were some of the most hideous looking females i have ever seen. they were gay. they came in couples, holding hands. girl and girl, boy and boy. it was not a pretty sight. hell, i couldn't tell some of the guys from the girls. it wasn't like the movies where you see some hot ass girls, hell no. these were some creatures. well the whole point that i'm getting to is this, when a person is born, i don't believe that they are gay. i think that sexual preference isn't even a consideration until later on in life. obviously babies and children aren't able to comprehend the notion of sexuality. i don't believe that homosexuality is hereditary(?). i believe that homosexuality is a result of some sort of traumatic event in a person's life (mental or physical) that triggers the change in sexual preference. granted, i haven't had any research time on the subject so i'm just throwing this out there but i just can't believe that it is something that is passed down through generations. obviously, homosexuality can be triggered by traumatic events in a persons life but is it just that? can anything erlse trigger it? i don't believe that it's a natural thing. i think that by default (?) everyone is straight. it's the normal thing. what can change a person's sexuality?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you kind of did actually, but that's beside the point

I know quite a few people who've lead some of the most boring lives you could imagine, everything all average and they're just like everyone else I know, except they're gay. why? I dunno. just pointing out that it's not always a factor of trauma, maybe some people just like themselves more than the opposing sex, so they get as close to it as they can;)

i don't think that i was actually bashing on them. i wasn't refering to gays in general. i was just saying that this particular group of people that i saw weren't the most attractive.

could these people have had some major events in their lives at an earlier age without you knowing? i'm willing to bet that psychological statistics would point more towards that of a traumatized individual.

I have known quite a few gay people and each of them has suffered some type of trauma that I believe lead them to be gay.

I am interested if homosexuals would react physiologically to the pheromones of those of the same sex. This would substantiate the claim that they are born as such because a heterosexual shows no response to pheromones from someone of the same sex.

IMI said in post #11 :

I find it shocking that we didn't even discover that humans have a vomeronasal organ until 1991.

Here is another link: (Don't worry, I'm not clowing you)

http://home.epix.net/~tcannon1/Physioweek9.htm

i guess the most significant (and funniest) thing i got from those notes is that only humans can be homosexual.

Dogs exhibit homosexual behavior as do, I've heard, some species of birds. I am not so sure that animal homosexuality can be considered to be as deliberate as in humans. Crowded mice in elevated temperatures may just stick it where ever it fits. Animals lack the complexity of thought and reasoning that we do.

IMI said in post #15 :

Dogs exhibit homosexual behavior as do, I've heard, some species of birds. I am not so sure that animal homosexuality can be considered to be as deliberate as in humans. Crowded mice in elevated temperatures may just stick it where ever it fits. Animals lack the complexity of thought and reasoning that we do.

It's not the temperature that is the sole cause; mice live in environments around the world well enough. It's the population that triggers the response; it's interesting but a bit of an unknown. The more crowded the area the greater the percentage of the mice picked Mickey on Mickey rather than Minnie. It seems to be crudely linked to species preservation, in mice the population can rapidly expand to outstrip available resources so the homosexual tendency’s crop up to act as a counter of some kind. It's doesn’t really work though, as the population continues to expand.

The theory is that humans are the same, hence the increase in homosexual tendency’s with humans and the urbanisation of our lifestyles. But it doesn’t hold water, really. The term homosexual is actually a tern coined by the Samurai in Feudal Japan, and the Romans were also keen advocates of the alternative lifestyle. Not to mention the Greek philosophers :D

The whole thing about trama leading to the Gay lifestyle is a bit of an oddball. Very few people haven't had a tramatic event in there lives.