scientific american access please

qwerty

I have the actual article; they sent it in when I first signed up.

I don't think photos would be very useful?

It's ironic that for last years research project I asked a similar question for an article out of a magazine I lost.

(btw, qwerty, do I know you from someware else? BZFlag maybe? The SN sounds familiar)

Hmm.. wonder how long that site will keep up. Usually people will ban people who share their accounts.

Bugmenot.com has been around quite a while now. No one has the power to shut them down, really, as they're not breaking any laws, as far as I'm aware. At worst, they may be violating some other website's Terms of Use and the offending account may be closed (or whatever punishment is stipulated in the ToU), but then bugmenot.com can easily acquire a new one.

unfortunately, none of the user names for nature.com work... they need an email as a login id, and bugmenot is only giving usernames, but not in email form. I wonder if nature recently changed their login format.

I've been aware of bugmenot for a while and whilst the idea is amazing there are soo many sites where there are plenty of accounts which just do not work it sometimes gets annoying... try using bugmenot, but don't get your hopes up is what I found.

unfortunately, none of the user names for nature.com work... they need an email as a login id, and bugmenot is only giving usernames, but not in email form. I wonder if nature recently changed their login format.

Yes, it was username based up until a few months ago. Then they abrubtly changed to an e-mail format. Maybe sites like bugmenot contributed to the change...?

In any case, great site J'Dona, that will be very useful.