THE end OF the beginning!

akahenaton

Me and my dad came up with this interesting statement.

Light is time polar.

in other words time has two poles, positive time and negative time.....

remember how light pushes a little on objects? light also pulls, but it looks diffenently if you think backwards(literally)

would anyone please tell me what could be improved on this?

ya know.... it's really hard to think of reverse mechanics..... just try to imagine a jet engine working in reverse or a meteor being pushed into space instead of being sucked into the earths atmosphere......

COLOR="Red"]are reverse mechanics possible?[/color][/color]

ya know.... it's really hard to think of reverse mechanics..... just try to imagine a jet engine working in reverse or a meteor being pushed into space instead of being sucked into the earths atmosphere......

are reverse mechanics possible?

(edited quote to fix bracket)

Sure - throw a minus sign in front of everything. You could have cold flow instead of heat, dark particles instead of light, and pull instead of push. But there are problems with those views - nasty infinities pop up - and we tend to go with the simplest explanation that works.

i was thinking of an engine that would use the heat energy of the air itself and have the by products make what we would now call " fuel " like gasoline.

i believe that some how we could make and engine that sucked air instead of pushed air. but the problem arises: how do i compress it and extract the heat? maybe some infra red photo voltaic cells or something else that i havnt thought of yet.

p.s.:

swansont, light pushes and pulls correct?

dear meson:

what i'm trying to say is that you gotta think backwards a little.... just think of a jet engine working backwards, or a car engine working backwards.

I know it seems to not make sense but it is imaniginable, after all people back in the dark ages probabally thought that man was never going to fly.... and they were correct werent they?

The reason engines work in the direction they do is that it's energy efficient to do it that way - you get more energy out than you put in. If you did it in reverse you'd be putting all the energy into producing fuel and never actually go anywhere.

Plus the waste products of car engines make up a very small percentage of the atmosphere (<1%, I think), so even if such a reaction was theoretically energy efficient, you'd have to suck in vast quantities of air to generate enough energy to make it practical.

The reason engines work in the direction they do is that it's energy efficient to do it that way - you get more energy out than you put in. If you did it in reverse you'd be putting all the energy into producing fuel and never actually go anywhere.

Plus the waste products of car engines make up a very small percentage of the atmosphere (<1%' date=' I think), so even if such a reaction was theoretically energy efficient, you'd have to suck in vast quantities of air to generate enough energy to make it practical.[/quote']

aha but thats the funky thing... you'd go backwards. because you would go somewhere but only backwards.... so all you gotta do is point your car the other way and *viola* you're going where you want to go.

also instead of co2 and h2O being byproducts, they become CH4 and gasoline so then the gasoline and methane can be used as a thruster.

I know this may be kinda *WEIRD* but it seems to make a little sense to me except it's really hard for me to think of a piston engine running backwards and getting energy from the wind resistance(????)(:confused: ):cool:

please reply for anyone who reads this :D

aha but thats the funky thing... you'd go backwards. because you would go somewhere but only backwards.... so all you gotta do is point your car the other way and *viola* you're going where you want to go.
That's not what I meant... I don't mean backwards as in, literally, the engine would drive the car backwards... You can already do that with the engines we use at the moment.

I meant, trying to do the reaction backwards isn't going to work the same way as doing it forwards. Putting in gasoline and getting out CO2 and whatever else is an energy efficient reaction - it generates heat, that can be used to power the engine, which it why it's done that way round.

On the other hand, if you tried to make CO2 and whatever else react to produce gasoline again, you'd be putting in more energy than you'd be getting out, so there wouldn't be anything to move the car.