Relative motion question

F.B

I really need help on these types of questions. So please help if you can.

A swimmer who achieves a speed of 0.75 m/s in still water swims directly across a river 72m wide. The swimmer lands on the far shore at a position 54 m downstream from the starting point.

(a) Determine the speed of the rivers current

(b)Determine the swimmers velocity relative to the shore

©Determine the direction the swimmer would have to aim to land directly across from the starting position

I have no clue on how to start this question because they give us speed when they want velocity. So can anyone please help me start this question

I really need help on these types of questions. So please help if you can.

A swimmer who achieves a speed of 0.75 m/s in still water swims directly across a river 72m wide. The swimmer lands on the far shore at a position 54 m downstream from the starting point.

(a) Determine the speed of the rivers current

(b)Determine the swimmers velocity relative to the shore

©Determine the direction the swimmer would have to aim to land directly across from the starting position

I have no clue on how to start this question because they give us speed when they want velocity. So can anyone please help me start this question

The assumption is that he swam 72m directly across the flow (I would not call this directly across the river but that is what they mean-directly across the flow of the river) at 0.75m/s but was carried 54m downstream during the time it took to traverse the 72m.

And speed is the magnitude of velocity. You need to determine the directions from the given information. Vector addition.