200,000 Posts

Dave

I know it's a bit late, but I thought I should probably mention something about this at least. Also, I'm pretty useless at this sort of thing, but I thought I should give it ago.

As you probably know, we passed the 200,000 post mark about 2 weeks ago. Personally, I think it's a magnificent milestone for SFN, but I'll leave the talking to blike when he gets around to posting here. My thanks to everybody that's contributed to SFN, taken time to post and contribute to the community. This place wouldn't be the same without it, and the more people we get here, the better it will get. I don't know any other place that has such a great atmosphere in helping others and discussing the latest issues in all the various guises of science.

Also, a big cheer for the moderator staff is in order, since this place wouldn't be half as good as it is today without them. I don't know really what else to say about them without sounding very weedy and silly, but they do a great job. It takes a great deal of time and is often very frustrating (from personal experience), but their contributions are still magnificent as usual. Also, a quick aside to congratulate Pangloss and Mokele on their promotions, which I believe were much deserved.

So, that's about it from me. Here's to the next 100,000 milestone!

My congratulations and thanks to Blike, who made this all possible with some money and a lot of time.

I'd also like to thank the moderators, because a quick estimate reveals that they have deleted more than 5,000 posts in the lifetime of this forum. While some people may say 200,000 isn't much, at least we know very little of it is spam.

I`m guessing he means like all mushy gushy cozy snuggly warm and fuzzy (I`m sure he`ll put me right if I`m not quite on the nail) :P

We all make a great team, the users the experts, mods and admin, All ESSENTIAL ingredients, and I`ve certainly enjoyed my 2+ years here.

But I recon the REAL milestone will be the next 50,000. making us a clean Quarter of a Million!

lets not be overly Modest about it, WE ROCK! :)

I'd also like to thank the moderators, because a quick estimate reveals that they have deleted more than 5,000 posts in the lifetime of this forum. While some people may say 200,000 isn't much, at least we know very little of it is spam.

More like 11,000 deleted, going by the post id numbers.