How to find the area above a curve

grayson

Everyone knows how to find the area under a curve (I am joking) but I don't know how to find the area UNDER a curve. Chatgpt (After hours of arguing) told me that you have to define an upper limit, do the integral of that. with the same bounds, you find the area under a curve and you subtract them. I can't tell if this is true or not. Can you help me? And the reason I am doing this is to turn a curve into a ratio (under to over)

10 hours ago, grayson said:

Everyone knows how to find the area under a curve (I am joking) but I don't know how to find the area UNDER a curve. Chatgpt (After hours of arguing) told me that you have to define an upper limit, do the integral of that. with the same bounds, you find the area under a curve and you subtract them. I can't tell if this is true or not. Can you help me? And the reason I am doing this is to turn a curve into a ratio (under to over)

I advocate the policy of going from the known to the unknown, rather than trying to guess the unknown.

As such I offered a simple presentation to help you understand differential equations.

Since you didn't bother to reply to my work on your behalf (your prerogative ) I feel justified in asking do you want my help or not ?

I will leave you with the thought that your ratio project is generally not possible, but there are simple matters about area (and integrals) you could usefully get under your belt.

It would take some drawing on my behalf.

10 hours ago, grayson said:

you have to define an upper limit, do the integral of that. with the same bounds, you find the area under a curve and you subtract them. I can't tell if this is true or not.

1. Yes. If the upper limit is a constant this is trivial, since it will be a rectangle.

2. You should stop using a language model that makes stuff up to get factual information